PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who finds the phrase.....

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Who Dat extremely annoying? Especially when used by people who are not from NO..... That is my bitch of the day. Thank you.

Reyadawnbringer
02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I find that phrase extremely annoying regardless of WHERE you are from.

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I find that phrase extremely annoying regardless of WHERE you are from. Yeah DAT! :hysterical:

P.S. I like your new avatar. :)

TwinFoxes
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I actually think it's pretty cute, but I can see how it could be annoying!

Atlanta Braves' tomahawk chop? Now THAT'S annoying!

Reyadawnbringer
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Yeah DAT! :hysterical:

P.S. I like your new avatar. :)

:hysterical: You crack me up :p And thanks for noticing my new Avatar. :)

lizzywednesday
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
It's not half so annoying as "whazzup?", IMO.

MMEand1
02-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I am from Louisiana and find it VERY annoying! I personally think it just goes to show the poor education and acceptable manner of speech there. I mean, lets be real, Louisiana is NOT known the be in the top rankings for education - they are usually fighting someone for LAST place.

If you have been in Louisiana recently, you will see that the state as a whole has not evolved into this day and age. I'm not a fan of much in Louisiana except the food and since my DH is a chef, I can get that pretty much whenever I want without having to go down there!

elektra
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I had never even heard of it until last night after the game! I will need DH to explain it to me. Is it something the fans just yell out randomly?

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Dat%3F

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
It makes me think of Body from the Wire saying "Tru Dat." I'm not an American football fan (football in my house is of the white and black ball variety), so DH and I didn't even watch the superball. I heard them talking about the Who Dat thing on NPR the other day and playing the song... I didn't find it annoying, but then again, NPR's report was the first time I'd heard of it.

elektra
02-08-2010, 01:30 PM

Thanks for the link. I am admittedly not a big football fan but I am surprised I had never heard of this. I mean I get that it is saying, "Who's That" (which I had to LOL at when it spelled that out in the Wikipedia entry) but I didn't know it was the Saints chant.

Well now I have another useless bit of info in my brain that will probably push out some other important think I need to store there. ;)

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
It makes me think of Body from the Wire saying "Tru Dat." I'm not an American football fan (football in my house is of the white and black ball variety), so DH and I didn't even watch the superball. I heard them talking about the Who Dat thing on NPR the other day and playing the song... I didn't find it annoying, but then again, NPR's report was the first time I'd heard of it. :hysterical: You are such a brainiac. I love that you first heard of it on NPR.

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the link. I am admittedly not a big football fan but I am surprised I had never heard of this. I mean I get that it is saying, "Who's That" (which I had to LOL at when it spelled that out in the Wikipedia entry) but I didn't know it was the Saints chant.

Well now I have another useless bit of info in my brain that will probably push out some other important think I need to store there. ;) So how did your DH enjoy the game? Was he chanting Who Dat?

elektra
02-08-2010, 01:49 PM
So how did your DH enjoy the game? Was he chanting Who Dat?

He said it went by very quickly! He really enjoyed it though and he said that the Saints fans were more fun and easy going than the Colts fans. He said they seemed too uptight or something. More pressure maybe? I'll have to ask him about who he ended up rooting for at the game- he wasn't strongly for either team I don't think. (DH is a Bears fan.)
He also got to do tons of fun things in the days leading up to the game too, like parties in Miami Beach and then a private group cooking lesson with Emeril. He owes me big! ;)

TwinFoxes
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
OK, I have to give the NPR link since my buddy Mike did the piece:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123229110

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 02:08 PM
:hysterical: You are such a brainiac. I love that you first heard of it on NPR.

Mostly this is just proof that I live under a rock (and have a hellish commute, so NPR is my friend).

elektra
02-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I heard them talking about the Who Dat thing on NPR the other day and playing the song... I didn't find it annoying, but then again, NPR's report was the first time I'd heard of it.
NERD! ;)
I hadn't heard of it either actually, but yes, the fact that you heard it first on NPR is pretty funny.

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
I happily embrace my nerdyness:reading:

egoldber
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Mostly this is just proof that I live under a rock (and have a hellish commute, so NPR is my friend).

LOL! I must live under the same rock. ;)

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
He said it went by very quickly! He really enjoyed it though and he said that the Saints fans were more fun and easy going than the Colts fans. He said they seemed too uptight or something. More pressure maybe? I'll have to ask him about who he ended up rooting for at the game- he wasn't strongly for either team I don't think. (DH is a Bears fan.)
He also got to do tons of fun things in the days leading up to the game too, like parties in Miami Beach and then a private group cooking lesson with Emeril. He owes me big! ;) Oh yes. I think he owes you weekend-at-a-spa big. :) Your DH has great taste. Go Bears!

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 03:03 PM
I happily embrace my nerdyness:reading: Me too. :)

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
OK, I have to give the NPR link since my buddy Mike did the piece:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123229110 Thanks for the link! I'll have to listen to this tonight.

elektra
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I happily embrace my nerdyness:reading:
yes, it takes one to know one. :)

citymama
02-08-2010, 03:18 PM

thanks for this. as a jazz fan, this is more interesting to me than the superbowl! (which, as a football ignoramus, i have *never* watched.) my neighbors are from new orleans and i couldn't help get caught up in their excitement (and the aromas of jambalaya and red beans and rice wafting in :)). so granted i haven't been exposed to all that much whodatting, but i personally don't find it annoying in the least!