PDA

View Full Version : Coccoro vs Roundabout

atlbkk03
02-08-2010, 11:46 AM
need help quick... :)

we finally narrowed down our choices for our DD's convertible seat to a Combi Coccoro and a Britax Roundabout (we needed something rather small.) She will use this until about her 3rd BD before moving to her sis' Boulevard.

We love the Coccoro for its cuteness and narrow footprint, but can't overlook Britax's quality. Plus the Coccoro will be a little more expensive.

What do you think? Does the Roundabout take up much more space?

Thanks in advance :cheerleader1:

goldenpig
02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
I have a Diplomat which is the Roundabout with head protection wings. I like it but it only lasted to 2.5 rear-facing because she outgrew it by height (and she's tiny for her age, 33 inches) but I wanted to keep her rear-facing longer (I'm keeping the Diplomat as a convertible for #2 after the Snugride). I tried a Cocorro but could not get a good install--it kept sliding around because it has a rounded bottom and no base. So I ended up with a True Fit Premier. If she's interested in keeping her rear-facing longer you should look at seats like the True Fit Premier, Graco My Ride, another Boulevard, Safety 1st Complete Air or Evenflo Triumph Advance.
Here's some more info about extended rear-facing:
http://carseatblog.com/?p=5168

Joolsplus2
02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Or buy a new seat for big sister that will last a lot longer and put baby in the Boulevard?
In most cases, the Boulevard fits as well as the Roundabout for rearfacing, but it will of course last children to much taller heights, at least age two rearfacing as a minimum. The Coccoro is a little taller than the Roundabout, inside, for the kiddo, but more compact on the outside, front to back, but a very different installation than the BV you're used to, I think it'd be ok with LATCH, but a seatbelt install can be very tricky.

stillplayswithbarbies
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
The cover of the Coccoro stains easily and does not wash up well. It snags on velcro and is not soft and cushy. The Roundabout cover, like all Britax, washes up well and is soft and comfy. Just another data point for you to compare.

The Coccoro is also much lighter if you plan to do any air travel. I'll be doing that for the first time in a few weeks so I will report back here after my trip.

codex57
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
The cover of the Coccoro is far more soft and comfy to me than the Britax covers IMO. Maybe not as smooth, but softer to me.

stillplayswithbarbies
02-08-2010, 05:07 PM
The Coccoro is like a waffle weave and the Britax covers are like velvet. That is what I mean by Britax being softer. I could pet the Britax covers, but I wouldn't want to pet the Coccoro.

daniele_ut
02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I've owned both and loved them both. I sold my RA and wish that I hadn't, but I bought a Coccoro for our travel seat and have been very happy with it. Karen is right that the cover stains easily (ours is orange). Our old RA was the Patches fabric and was darn green microfiber. Nothing showed on it and it was super soft.

jackyl08
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Personally, if you are only choosing between those two, I would go with the Roundabout. It is my favorite of the 40lb convertibles. Easy install, harness adjuster like butter, plush covers. I also have a Diplomat and really like it, but I like the RA just a little better. I have played with a Coccoro and I don't like the fabric, at all.

Snow mom
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I went with a CoCo for my travel seat over the RA. If I hadn't been looking to travel with it I probably would have gone with the RA. I think the install on the CoCo is fine either latch or seatbelt (although I did have a problem with the seatbelt slicing through the cover along the back edge of the seat.) I've installed it in several different cars and haven't had any difficulties. I agree with PP that the cover isn't as nice as on Britax seats. My cover has several snags. Luckily Combi sent me another cover because of the slit in the back so I have a fresh cover for when I need it. I'm planning on using the seat as instead of an infant seat for a hypothetical future DC. I think the CoCo fits tiny babies better than the RA, but if you are done maybe that isn't a consideration for you.

AnnieW625
02-09-2010, 12:22 PM
need help quick... :)

we finally narrowed down our choices for our DD's convertible seat to a Combi Coccoro and a Britax Roundabout (we needed something rather small.) She will use this until about her 3rd BD before moving to her sis' Boulevard.

We love the Coccoro for its cuteness and narrow footprint, but can't overlook Britax's quality. Plus the Coccoro will be a little more expensive.

What do you think? Does the Roundabout take up much more space?

Thanks in advance :cheerleader1:

My DH could've written this post himself. We can't decide what we are going to do either when #2 arrives. Cocorro vs. Roundabout. We love the look of the Cocorro, but Britax makes such darn good seats that even after DD complained about her Marathon all of the time (from around 12 mos. until around 2/1/2 and she much preferred her Evenflo Triumph 5) we still went ahead and bought her Britax Frontiers. We'll need seats that will fit in DH's car (01 Corolla), and our current plan is to turn the Frontiers over to #2 right around it's 3rd birthday too (or worst case scenario only 2/1/2 if we end up with a tall kid). DH is cheap too, but he has no problems paying for great quality car seats! The fabric on the Britax seats can't be beat:)

arivecchi
02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Or buy a new seat for big sister that will last a lot longer and put baby in the Boulevard?
In most cases, the Boulevard fits as well as the Roundabout for rearfacing, but it will of course last children to much taller heights, at least age two rearfacing as a minimum. :yeahthat: