PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever Stink

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm so bored already... I'm excited to try and get out to the food store this afternoon, icy roads permitting.

ETA: See I am going out of mind... I forgot to put the s on stinks.

DrSally
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I thought you meant that since you were all cooped up, people were starting to stink :ROTFLMAO:

TwinFoxes
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
OP I feel your pain! Can I join your bitch?

I am going insane! DH is home today, but he's spent all morning trying to finish shoveling the last bit of our drive (he's using a hammer and chisel because of the ice) or on the phone doing work meetings. Our street is still impassable. And it turns out he's going to have to stay in the District again tomorrow because of the 5-10 inches that's predicted for tomorrow afternoon! (His company is sending someone to pick him up). I HAVE to get out tomorrow, because we have a peds follow up appointment.

And the dogs are driving me bonkers too. Since they can't stay outside long, they spend all morning watching my husband out the front window, and they bark every time a neighbor comes to chat (or every time a car gets stuck).

I am soooo glad I took the girls on a last trip to a play area Friday morning. And sooo glad I bought new toys that got here Friday that I've been doling out one a day. I only have one more left though. :( I'm also glad I stocked up on food. We've run out of bananas, but that's it, still have plenty of milk!

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 02:05 PM
OP I feel your pain! Can I join your bitch?

You are more than welcome to join the bitch! You were smart to do the new toy thing. I might pick up some toys at the supermarket (yes, lame, but whatever). I am not good at keeping DS entertained during the day, and I'm ashamed to admit that we've been watching an awful lot of TV. Thank god for the sprout channel on demand. He's down for a nap now (yes!)

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I thought you meant that since you were all cooped up, people were starting to stink :ROTFLMAO:

:hysterical: It hasn't happened yet, but it could! We're supposed to get up to another 10 inches tomorrow, so we could be here for a while.

egoldber
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I know! First it was "maybe a couple inches" on Tuesday night, now it's looking more like 8-12".

:gloomy:

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm beginning to think that any storm that's less than 8 inches is just a dusting. The New Englander in me is coming back I guess.

boolady
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM

LOL! I thought this too, and I hate the smell of a cooped-up house, so it made perfect sense to me. We didn't have what the DC area had this weekend, but still had about 16", and are looking at a possible foot again on Tuesday/Wednesday. Ugh. I don't blame you.

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought you meant that since you were all cooped up, people were starting to stink :ROTFLMAO::yeahthat: :hysterical:

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 04:24 PM
DH keeps asking me what I'm laughing at. This thread keeps making me crack up.

I just got back from the food store. I never thought how happy I would be to get to Giant!

TwinFoxes
02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I know! First it was "maybe a couple inches" on Tuesday night, now it's looking more like 8-12".

:gloomy:

Beth, everybody...I have bad news. WTOP just said 10-20 inches.

God help us all.

LarsMal
02-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Beth, everybody...I have bad news. WTOP just said 10-20 inches.

God help us all.

Wait, what?!?!?! I thought they changed it from 5-10 down to 3-5....AHHHHHH!!!!!

LarsMal
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
DH keeps asking me what I'm laughing at. This thread keeps making me crack up.

I just got back from the food store. I never thought how happy I would be to get to Giant!

OMG, getting out to Giant would be soooo wonderful right now!! In the past 2 weeks I haven't been anywhere but the doctor's office and to Giant for prescriptions. DH's technically had off today, but he went in anyway. I called him at lunch and he said he was almost done and would be heading home soon. That was 3 hours ago! Where is my foam bat?!?!?

My mom and dad are going to try to get here tomorrow. They live at the beach, so it will be quite a journey, I'm sure, but I begged them to please come get snowed in with me! My dad will have to try to get back on Thursday for work, so we'll see if they attempt the drive.

And add me to the list of people who thought you meant "stink"! That could be the case around here, but I finally took a shower today and the kids got a bath last night, so we're smelling pretty good- for at least a couple more days!

egoldber
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

:crying: :dizzy: :47: :eek:

TwinFoxes
02-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Sigh, confirmed by the weather service (I've got an app for that.)

...WINTER*STORM*WARNING*IN*EFFECT*FROM*NOON*TUESDA Y*TO*7*PM*EST*WEDNESDAY...***THE*NATIONAL*WEATHER* SERVICE*IN*STERLING*VIRGINIA*HAS*ISSUED*A*WINTER*S TORM*WARNING*FOR...WHICH*IS*IN*EFFECT*FROM*NOON*TU ESDAY*TO*7*PM*EST*WEDNESDAY.*THE*WINTER*STORM*WATC H*IS*NO*LONGER*IN*EFFECT.*****PRECIPITATION*TYPE.. .SNOW.*****ACCUMULATIONS...10*TO*20*INCHES.*****TI MING...MID-AFTERNOON*TUESDAY*THROUGH*WEDNESDAY.*****TEMPERATU RES...TEMPERATURES*NEAR*FREEZING*AT*THE*ONSET*TUES DAY*AFTERNOON.*TEMPERATURES*WILL*DROP*INTO*THE*UPP ER*20S*TUESDAY*NIGHT*AND*WEDNESDAY.*****WINDS...LI GHT*SOUTHEASTERLY*WINDS*TUESDAY*BECOMING*NORTHWEST ERLY*15*TO*25*MPH*WEDNESDAY.***PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS*ACTIONS...***A*WINTER*STORM*WARNING*M EANS*SIGNIFICANT*AMOUNTS*OF*SNOW*ARE*EXPECTED*OR*O CCURRING.*THE*COMBINATION*OF*SNOW*AND*STRONG*WINDS *WILL*MAKE*TRAVEL*VERY*HAZARDOUS.***&&

egoldber
02-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I already sent DH to Safeway.

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 06:15 PM
After Giant, and after seeing this report of the (10 TO 20 MORE INCHES OF SNOW OMG OMG OMG), we made a much needed TRU run.

BabyMine
02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
I think you all should pack up and visit me in Florida. :D

egoldber
02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
The federal government is closed again tomorrow.

I can't remember the last time they closed for 2 days in a row!

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
I think they did in 2003, but I think they'll be closed for longer than that this time. If we really get 10-20 inches tomorrow/Wednesday, I can't imagine they'll be open until Thursday at the earliest.

mommylamb
02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
My mom and dad are going to try to get here tomorrow. They live at the beach, so it will be quite a journey, I'm sure, but I begged them to please come get snowed in with me! My dad will have to try to get back on Thursday for work, so we'll see if they attempt the drive.

What happened with your parents?

firstbaby
02-08-2010, 09:21 PM
We somehow lucked out and our street is passable - not great, but it has been plowed. The boys want to be outside and then after taking the 20 minutes to bundle them up, they stay outside for less time than that! DH's company was closed today, but the head of his group sent out a note that if they weren't going in the office, they needed to work from home. So I also got to keep two little ones quiet for most of the day INSIDE while DH worked. At least I didn't have to worry about him commuting, but he has to go in tomorrow and I am worried about his commute home. Pass the twisty straw...

lfp2n
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I thought maybe DD would like to do extra homework to make up for all the missed school. Lets just say it wasn't pretty and I couldn't do that every day....

TwinFoxes
02-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Ok so we escaped. My DH literally chiseled the ice at the end of our drive and once we got to the street he got us to the main road. Off to the mall. He took the girls and I had 1/2 an hour to myself.

I really don't think I can make it to the peds tomorrow though. He got us up the hill, but it's icy, and I'm sure it will be icier tomorrow. DH is from Michigan and knows how to drive in this. Me? I'd be a menace. So, the girls and I are homebound for the duration. I probably won't see DH until Thursday at the earliest. :(

LarsMal
02-09-2010, 04:01 PM
What happened with your parents?

They are about an hour away!!!!!! My mom said the DE roads were terrible, but once the crossed in MD it was night and day.

mommylamb
02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
They are about an hour away!!!!!! My mom said the DE roads were terrible, but once the crossed in MD it was night and day.

I hope they are safe and sound at your house now.