PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a pressure cooker & now need ideas about what to cook!!

sewarsh
02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Please share your favorite recipes or ideas - thanks!!

sewarsh
03-05-2010, 06:41 PM
thought i'd bump!

SoloMelody
04-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I cook lentils, all kinds of them. Wash 1 cup lentils add 2 -2 1/2 cups water. Cook on high till the whistle blows9about 10 mins), lower heat to medium/low and cook for another 10-15 mins.

Soemtimes I throw in some onion, garlic and tomatoes in with the lentils and you have an amazing lentil soup. Serve with bread or indian flat breads or rice.

I also steam root vegetable potatoes,carrots,sweet potatoes etc. use for mashed potatoes, season with herbs and spices for side dishes.

etaylor75
04-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Alton Brown's Chicken & Dumplings!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/good-eats/dont-be-chicken-of-dumplings/index.html

Erin

MamaSnoo
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Real brown rice in 14 minutes!!!! I truly love mine, just for this.

Makes using dry beans for chilli, etc, really easy.....saves you $$$$$.

I have done pot roast and some soups as well, but it did not seem to be a big advantange over more traditional methods, or the slow cooker.

luza
04-18-2010, 07:22 AM
Chickpeas for hummus and salads! It is also good for tougher kinds of meat like mutton or goat that you want to get really tender. I use it to "pre-cook" the meat for dishes like couscous with lamb, and then add the vegetables and finish cooking without the lid so that that I can be sure that the vegetables don't over cook.

hellokitty
04-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Real brown rice in 14 minutes!!!! I truly love mine, just for this.

Makes using dry beans for chilli, etc, really easy.....saves you $$$$$.

I have done pot roast and some soups as well, but it did not seem to be a big advantange over more traditional methods, or the slow cooker.

Do you mind if I ask how you cook brown rice in your pressure cooker?