PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a new carseat! (Thanks! Got the Frontier!)

kimbe
02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
4.5 yo DD is riding in a FF Scenera in DHs car and it will expire in December, but we would like to get a new seat now as she is approaching 40lbs.

She is about 35lbs and 45". She rides in a BLVD in my car.

I am so out of the carseat loop I don't even know where to begin! Nautilus? Radian? Others? I haven't a clue which is better Please advise!! :)

Thanks in advance!

arivecchi
02-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Check out the Britax Frontier. It is a harnessed seat that converts to a booster. It lasts 9 years and is super comfy. :thumbsup:

ohiomom1121
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Check out the Britax Frontier. It is a harnessed seat that converts to a booster. It lasts 9 years and is super comfy. :thumbsup:
DD got one a few months ago and loves it...she has to show everyone her new carseat (of course it helps that it's pink!!!)

GraceH
02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Since she's already FF, I would look in the Evenflo Maestro, Graco Nautilus, and Britax Frontier comparison category (different price points, lifespans, installation difficulties)

kimbe
02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Thank you all. I didn't even know about the Maestro....that is why I come to the experts. I didn't realize that the Frontier had such a long life either.

Thanks so much....going to head to the store this weekend and try these ones out.

AnnieW625
02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
DD has been very happy with the Frontier.

kimbe
02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Just wanted to thank everyone again! We went with the Frontier and we ALL LOVE the seat. DH read Julie's tutorial about installing it and he said it installed in seconds in MILs Nissan Maxima! (All other seats have been a pita in that car!) DD loves it! We are hoping it installs just as easily in my car. My only complaint is that she looks very grown up in it -- sniff sniff!

We also flew with it on our way home only because we didn't want to check the brand new pricey carseat. It does not fit through the TSA xray so they have to manually check it. It installed easliy on the plane. However, DD had NO room for her legs. She had to sit criss cross applesauce the entire flight and although she didn't complain I am sure that it was a little uncomfortable for the 3 hours that she sat there.

Thanks again for your help! What a great seat...well worth it!

jjordan
02-19-2010, 12:22 AM
I don't blame you for not wanting to check it on the plane! Glad it worked out well for you and you all like it so much. :)

Joolsplus2
02-19-2010, 10:08 AM
:yay::thumbsup::bighand:

arivecchi
02-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Woohoo! :yay: So far, out of the car seats I have had, the Frontier is my fave. :heartbeat:

AnnieW625
02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
I think the Frontier is DD's fave too. She is just soo comfy and never complains (and that's a big thing coming from her).