PDA

View Full Version : Rubber or Plastic Tires?

bosco2010
02-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Which is better, rubber or plastic tires for strollers? I plan to use the stroller to walk around my neighborhood and paved park paths.

purpelina
02-08-2010, 07:36 PM
do you have specific strollers in mind? Also, do you mean "air tires" when you say rubber tires? There are a couple of strollers that have rubber or foam tires, that perform better than plastic, yet are not your regular air filled ones.
Please do tell!

bosco2010
02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Hi:

I was looking at the Graco Metrolite LE which says that it has "Never flat rubber tires for a smooth ride." I was wondering if this was better than plastic?

edurnemk
02-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Definetely rubber! Plastic wheels for outdoors are horrible!

The best option for outdoor walks, even if it's just bumpy sidewalks, are air tires, or foam filled rubber tires which never go flat.

strollerqueen
02-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi:

I was looking at the Graco Metrolite LE which says that it has "Never flat rubber tires for a smooth ride." I was wondering if this was better than plastic?

Air tires are the most A/T, and give the smoothest ride. Some people don't like to maintain them, though. SO companies have alternated with foam, and hollow air chamber tires. They are not as A/T.

jacksmoma
02-09-2010, 08:41 PM
rubber is ok for mostly indoor use- get something with air tires (like a bike, inflatable) if you plan to use outside much :)