PDA

View Full Version : Did you have an imaginary friend when you were little?

billysmommy
02-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I had an imaginary unicorn named Buttercup who lived in our backyard. I used to bring glitter outside to feed it :)

dcmom2b3
02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, his name is Seymour, he is a ghost, and he lives in the doorbell in the foyer of my mom's house. While we're not as close as we once were, he's still there. :tongue5:

lalasmama
02-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I did! Just to show my age, there used to be a group called "The Jets". And, of course, *they* were my friends! :wink2: My SO and I laugh about it often now, because he teaches 3rd grade, and that's when I used to dream that The Jets (any one of them, there were like 8!) would come and rescue me from 3-digit addition and long division!

crl
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, her name was Susie. My father now uses that for any little girl whose name he doesn't know, sort of like Jane Doe.

Catherine

bubbaray
02-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Yes. Bob. He was my husband. I was about 4. Its been downhill since then in terms of my choice in men. LOL.

edurnemk
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Yes, I don't remember very well, I was about 3, but my mom tells a lot of stories about my 3 imaginary friends: Cucu, Cascas and Lanas (we spoke spanish at home). Apparently she seized the opportunity to get me to do things (i.e. "honey you have to put on your sweater, look Cucu and Cascas are alreade wearing theirs!")

pb&j
02-09-2010, 12:03 AM
No. I really wanted to, but I just couldn't buy into it. Too much work to keep that charade going.

Fairy
02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Yes, I absolutely did, four imaginary brothers and sisters, and as far as I'm concerned, they're still here, but I haven't played with them since I passed them over for corproeal friends to stand up in my wedding. Two brothers and two sisters, they all looked like muppets, and to this day, on the rare occasion I see them on a Sesame Street rerun, I get very nostalgic.

lchang25000
02-09-2010, 09:22 AM
No. I really wanted to, but I just couldn't buy into it. Too much work to keep that charade going.

:yeahthat:

caleymama
02-09-2010, 09:23 AM
I didn't, but my younger sister did.

lizzywednesday
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Yes, I did. His name was Crazy Harold.

mommylamb
02-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I had several. My best imaginary friend was named Sheedia. I have no idea where I got that. There was a witch named Kimberly Goo Goo. I also had skunky who would spray skunk powder on my mother when I was mad at her and tinko, who was a mouse that lived in the pocket door at my parents' house.

shawnandangel
02-09-2010, 10:24 AM
My imaginary friend's name was Joe. He lived in my closet and I would feed him wonderful treats I made with my easy bake oven!

alexsmommy
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Yes, Susie. My mom would have to set a place for her at the table.

Gena
02-09-2010, 10:31 AM
I had several. Each one was from a different time period, some past and some future. So I had to spend a lot of time explaining to them what different objects were and how we do things.

mommy111
02-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Never. I did have an imaginary alternative life, though, that I would fall asleep imagining every night.

Moneypenny
02-09-2010, 10:34 AM
No, I didn't. My older brother did, though, and he expected me to play with his imaginary friend. I remember thinking that was so odd and being all, "There is no one there! Who the heck are you playing with?!?"

hellbennt
02-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I had two friends, doodoo & Tisha
my mother and sisters went along, ie: just took it as matter-of-fact and didn't blink when I was in full imaginary friend swing...
my sister took us on a picnic on a rock in our back yard once and we ate candy corn...

michellerw
02-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Her name was Melissa and she used to have 3 big brothers but they all died in a fire or something? I don't know, I had invented a pretty gruesome backstory for this imaginary friend of mine that dovetailed with my "intense fear of fire" phase. Apparently, some of it really freaked my mom out because there had been a family down the street with a daughter and three boys or something. Anyhow, Melissa and I eventually outgrew each other by the time I was 4 or so.

Melaine
02-09-2010, 10:58 PM
This thread is cute!

WitMom
02-09-2010, 11:08 PM
I had an imaginary friend named Polly. She went everywhere I went, and she always needed to have a place at the table and a seat in the car. Once we were at a family reunion, and Polly was sitting next to me. My great uncle (who was a LARGE man) sat next to me, in Polly's spot, and I proceeded to read him the riot act. "You big fat dummy, you just sat on my friend." He stood up and looked around, very bewildered, looking for the child he sat on. Then he moved locations (can't say I blame him). I still hear about that at family get-togethers from extended family I barely know.