PDA

View Full Version : any wheely bug deals?

wifecat
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
I want to get my daughter a Prince Lionheart Wheely bug for her first birthday, but I'd love to find a deal! Anyone seen any or know where I should look? I've been watching amazon and diapers.com, but to no avail.

TIA!

army_mom
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Kohls has them and their extra 30% off for cardholders starts tomorrow. They are currently buy one get one half off, plus you'd get the 30% off.
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/homepage.jsp
big one is $85, small is $75
30% code is KCTAKE30

also, if you have a military connection for AAFES use, they have the large ones online for about $50.

twowhat?
02-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Does anyone know which size (small or large) is more appropriate for 18-month olds (avg weight and height)?

maybeebaby08
02-09-2010, 08:27 AM
DD is a small 20 month old and I bought the large over a year ago. She can't quite reach the floor with legs yet but she should be able to by summer. I ve heard the small is really small I think the large will get longer use.

BeachBum
02-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Walmart.com has the smalls for $60 with free ship to store. You might find a bing deal?

My boys are a year and one can barely reach the floor, and the other can't quite yet. I would go with the small for an 18 mo old. I think one the reasons they love it so, is that they can sit on it or easily push it around the house. Being able to manipulate it well is part of the fun I think.
That said, my large 4 yr old has enjoyed playing with the small as well. <roll eyes>

groundhog74
02-09-2010, 10:56 AM
My DD is on the small size and I got her a large right before she turned 2. I think the large will last you longer. My 6 yo can still ride it if he really wants to.

Melaine
02-09-2010, 11:00 AM
We got the large for our girls about a year ago IIRC. They would have been almost 2.5. I *thought* they were a big flop because they barely sat on them for the first six months or so. However, since then, they have gradually been using them more and now they definitely use them EVERY day. So, I can't be sure, but I kind of think that they just were too big at first. Either way, they are popular now and I still love how cute they are since they live in our living room.
So, I kind of think I would go with small for a just turning one year old.

wifecat
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks! I just applied and got a Kohl's card - how do I get an extra 30% off?

And I'm still debating on the size, too. My dd will be 12 months when she gets it, and she's between the 85th-90th percentiles at her ped visits. I'm leaning toward the small, but the amazon reviews just keep emphasizing how TINY it is. Anyone else have more thoughts on that?

Melaine
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Have you looked at youtube? Sometimes you can find videos that give you a more clear view of size there (with kids on them).

Melaine
02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Here is a video that shows both sizes side by side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5Hv0ITwF8

wifecat
02-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Here is a video that shows both sizes side by side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5Hv0ITwF8

Perfect! I definitely should get the small! I had tried youtube but hadn't found that one - it really helped me decide! Thank you!

Maxlee
02-09-2010, 11:44 AM
I would recommend the small. DD1 used it until she was around 3 when she outgrew it and bought her a large and gave DD2 the small. DD2 (now 19 months) can sit on the large and push around a little but can't ride it like the small one which she she "zooms" around the house on.

jvs195
02-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I agree on the small. Just got it for DD who is 95% for height and is 17 months and she is barely able to scoot around easily on her own (feet just touch the floor as the bump is quite a spread for little legs). She's very happy for me to push her though... DS who is 5 likes it too, but I had hoped he'd be too big. He sort of is, but not by weight.