PDA

View Full Version : This is worth smacking a man

glbb35
02-09-2010, 12:34 AM
I was in the grocery store with one of my babies in the middle of the afternoon grabbing a few groceries we needed. I left in the middle of the afternoon because the stores are usually fairly empty and it was when I could step away from work for a little while. (I needed the break- had, had a bad day) Anyway I am coming up to check out with the maybe 15 items in the cart when this obnoxious man comes out of no where and pushes my cart out of the way and pushes his cart in front of mine and jumps in line. No "sorry lady", "sorry am in a hurry", no nothing. I couldn't believe it. I said politely "excuse me". He glanced over his shoulder as he began throwing his very full cart of items onto the check out counter, "I have to get back to work". I said less politely, "me too". He then glanced back and had the gall to say as he laughed and he looked at my child there with me "yeah right".

OMG someone stop me from wanting to slap him. First off ahole if you are so busy at work why are you shopping in the middle of the day for like a whole life's worth of groceries? Second, me too, I work, I run a business. But it is my business. and because it is I work 7 days a week, every holiday and even while on vacation. But I do have the ability to take a break when I need it but I do have to get back to it! IT doesn't make it less important than yours. And further more if I did not have to work on the side and I was there with my child my time is no less valuable!!!!! IF anything it is more!

I was so angry. I told him I did work and whether it was outside the home or inside the home didn't matter. And he was no more important than me and unless he was some sort of brain surgeon or something in the end I was way more important because above all I was a mom. The check out lady was just staring at me. I was shaking at that point. (Still am just reliving it!) I walked to another check out aisle and checked out. What an a**.. I hope you choke on your groceries rude, horrible, little man!

Ok, I feel much better. Thanks!

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09!

BabyMine
02-09-2010, 12:38 AM
:13: What a rude and obnoxious man. Next time that happens fake and injury. Make sure you are really loud and then point at him.

TwinFoxes
02-09-2010, 12:45 AM
Words fail me. What's the opposite of BBB mojo, because I'm sending it his way.

NewMom2007
02-09-2010, 12:47 AM
What a jerk!!!! I can't believe the checkout person didn't intervene - she should have kicked him out of her line.

If someone wants to cut in front of me for any reason, all they have to do is ask - unless I'm in a super rush (like trying to get through airport security to make a flight), I usually am ok with it. I've asked to move ahead in lines in the past (airport lines), but a grocery store? How important is it for him to get that food? And is he stashing it at his office if he's on a work break?

Glad you vented. Hope this type of thing never happens again.

kozachka
02-09-2010, 01:20 AM
I can't believe this! I'd be shaking from anger, too. Karma is a b!tch and will catch up with him.

MMMommy
02-09-2010, 01:35 AM
That was so unspeakably and unbelievably rude of him! I'm shocked that he would have the gall to be such an *ss. I'm glad you told him off. Good for you for telling him off! If it had been me, I probably would have been too shocked and dumbfounded to have even said anything. My mouth would have just dropped open!

citymama
02-09-2010, 01:49 AM
what a total schmuck! i know it's hard to do, but try and put it out of your mind. he sounds like a total ass, and not someone who deserves another second of your time. hugs to you!

kijip
02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
I'd complain to the store manager. The checker should have made him go after you and should have done more than stare at you.

What a jerk. I hope he chokes on his groceries too. ;)

mommy111
02-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Choking karma headed your way. And good for you that you spoke up!!!!

mommylamb
02-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm really glad you yelled at him and didn't just let him get away with it. Go you!

MamaMolly
02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
GO MAMA! I'm so proud of you for not just 'taking' it! He can stick his groceries in his pipe and smoke them. Jerk. He has no idea how much or how hard you work because CLEARLY he is a hermit with no wife or kids. Shmuck.

infomama
02-09-2010, 09:03 AM
What.a.jerk.
I just can't imagine being in that situation. I wish that checker would have refused to ring him up because I think that would have been the only solution that would have been 'safe' for you. He needs to be banned from the store.

lmwbasye
02-09-2010, 09:21 AM
How horrible!!! So sorry, mama. Good for you for sticking up for yourself.

Clarity
02-09-2010, 09:27 AM
:bowdown: I wanted to give you a standing ovation. You go mama!

ThreeofUs
02-09-2010, 09:28 AM
So sorry this happened to you - but so very glad you yelled at him. What an a$$ho!e.

I agree, next time grab your foot or leg and start screaming and pointing at him! He deserved public humiliation and a bad case of halitosis. *sheesh*

jerigirl
02-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Was your baby in the cart that he moved? I think that would have pushed me over the edge if he had touched the cart with my child in it.

JTsMom
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
:47:That is so incredibly rude, I don't even know what to say. Good for you for standing up for yourself. Karma will get him.

Melaine
02-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm shocked. Just shocked!

shawnandangel
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Oh man! I'm angry just reading your post! I'm so glad you told him off!

arivecchi
02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
What a deranged a-hole!

DrSally
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Wow, that is so incredibly rude. I cannot believe anyone would have the gall to move your cart out of the way, push in front of you and then say those things!

DrSally
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Was your baby in the cart that he moved? I think that would have pushed me over the edge if he had touched the cart with my child in it.

:yeahthat:

MCsMom
02-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I want to know if your baby was in the cart that he moved too. If yes, you were too nice!!!

And what was the checker doing staring at you? She should have let you go ahead.

Unspeakable!

glbb35
02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
My baby was in the cart. Probably why I felt like smacking him!

I think the check out lady was so shocked at his behavior she did not know how to react. I think she also did not want to get in the middle of something. Which was not an issue since he was too much of an ahole to really even react. The check out lady wasn't even ringing his things through just standing there like a deer in headlights.

Someone asked if he was married. He was. At least he had a ring on. Poor woman and poor kids if he has any!
This definitely ranks well over the last time some idiot upset me. Last time was when I was in Lowes with the twins. They were very small asleep in their carriers. This guy comes by me holding his 2 year old boy and his mother says to him "how cute, two babies" (she then asked if they were twins, another story for another post- no lady I wanted to say). HE looked at me and said gruffly "whatever! 2? sorry lady". I was shocked looking at my precious, amazing gifts. I immediately snapped back "why? my children are a blessing to me". Standing there where half the appliance aisle could hear him he realized he looked look an a** since he was there holding his child. Guess he did not think he was a blessing. He at least partly smiled at me and said "well good luck". An older couple nearby smiled at me and said they were a big blessing. The a sales person asked me if I needed anything. That was a first at Lowes! :)

sste
02-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh.my.goodness. That is over the top behavior. What a complete, out of control jerk. Bravo to you for saying something to him!

DrSally
02-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Last time was when I was in Lowes with the twins. They were very small asleep in their carriers. This guy comes by me holding his 2 year old boy and his mother says to him "how cute, two babies" (she then asked if they were twins, another story for another post- no lady I wanted to say). HE looked at me and said gruffly "whatever! 2? sorry lady". I was shocked looking at my precious, amazing gifts. I immediately snapped back "why? my children are a blessing to me". Standing there where half the appliance aisle could hear him he realized he looked look an a** since he was there holding his child. Guess he did not think he was a blessing. He at least partly smiled at me and said "well good luck". An older couple nearby smiled at me and said they were a big blessing. The a sales person asked me if I needed anything. That was a first at Lowes! :)

This story reminds me of a mom of triplets I know. Someone said to her "Wow, you've got your hands full". I know it was just a passing comment, but I just cringed. I'm sure she hears it all the time, but it's got a hint of negativity that I wouldn't want to hear attached to my children (or have them hear. Her answer was, "And hearts too, they're so much fun". I'm sure this is her stock answer b/c she prob gets that comment all the time.

Melaine
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
This story reminds me of a mom of triplets I know. Someone said to her "Wow, you've got your hands full". I know it was just a passing comment, but I just cringed. I'm sure she hears it all the time, but it's got a hint of negativity that I wouldn't want to hear attached to my children (or have them hear. Her answer was, "And hearts too, they're so much fun". I'm sure this is her stock answer b/c she prob gets that comment all the time.

I hear that comment almost every day. Literally. It's amazing, but that's definitely not the worst. "Double Trouble" or "better you than me" are two of my least favorite comments. I was also asked if I had them "on purpose". With Triplets I imagine she is constantly harassed by idiots.

DrSally
02-09-2010, 11:44 PM
I hear that comment almost every day. Literally. It's amazing, but that's definitely not the worst. "Double Trouble" or "better you than me" are two of my least favorite comments. I was also asked if I had them "on purpose". With Triplets I imagine she is constantly harassed by idiots.

:shake: OMG. I hope you have some good comebacks.

Melanie
02-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Good for YOU!

TwinFoxes
02-10-2010, 08:42 AM

:yeahthat: Not to hijack this bitch, but double trouble gets so, so old. I always say "no, twice as nice" and smile (because it's TRUE!) My first day not snow bound I said it to this mean looking lady after she gave me the "double trouble" line, and she said then says "no, it's double trouble." Uh, OK lady, sorry you had heathens.

DrSally
02-10-2010, 10:40 AM
:yeahthat: Not to hijack this bitch, but double trouble gets so, so old. I always say "no, twice as nice" and smile (because it's TRUE!) My first day not snow bound I said it to this mean looking lady after she gave me the "double trouble" line, and she said then says "no, it's double trouble." Uh, OK lady, sorry you had heathens.

"Twice as nice" is a great comeback. I can't believe someone would argue with you after being corrected. You could always say, well I guess yours were trouble, mine aren't!

MCsMom
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Ummm OP, because that man moved your cart (bad enough) WITH YOUR BABY IN IT (ARE YOU KIDDING ME??), he deserved a BEAT DOWN!!!

:13:

GRRRRR!

Melaine
02-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Oh my word. Wow....can't believe she contradicted you about YOUR DC!!!!:hopmad:

Now that mine are old enough to actually UNDERSTAND people's comments they better lay off the negativity or they might lose a limb.

The thing is, people say the "double trouble" thing as if it is the funniest, most original comment anyone ever could have made. Ugh.

liz
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
holy cow. I am speechless. And your baby was in the cart....words fail me. I am so glad you spoke up!

glbb35
02-10-2010, 03:37 PM
oh, I hate the "double trouble" line. l like the "twice as nice". I will have to remember that one. The "better you than me" one makes me cringe as well. I made the mistake once very early on, but not since, when a lady saw both of them she said, "oh, they don't look anything a like" Very accusatory tone, like they had two different dads or something. Idiot. Anyway, I made the mistake of saying, "they look like their brothers". (which they do, identical images) She snapped back "there's more?, my God", angrily. I was so hurt and shocked. I just stood there. Frozen like the check out lady. :) I didn't have a good come back for that one.

Now when people say (and I think most mean well, it just comes off badly), "oh, double trouble" or whatever. I usually say "double the blessings, double the smiles" and just smile. Of course I am thinking "double the spit up, double the blow out diapers, double the teething". :) You who are there know. But I would not ever change it for the world. I have a friend who has triplets and the things that have been said her would amaze you. She just blows it off. She knows what is important!

B

DS 03, 06 and twins 09

MamaSnoo
02-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Good for you for giving him the business!!

It would not matter if you were on vacation from your job as a retired vacationer. There is no excuse for cutting in line (unless perhaps you are bleeding or in labor! :ROTFLMAO:).