PDA

View Full Version : Graco My Ride 65...

Jackieluv
02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey everyone....I have the 7th edition of Baby Bargains and so the Graco My Ride 65 isn't in the book....is it in the new book?? or has anyone tried this.....I was going to get a Britax Roundabout but now I wondered if the MyRide is better....any thoughts???? Oh and I drive a 2004 CRV...Thanks in advance!

jjordan
02-09-2010, 11:07 PM
The MyRide is definitely a better choice than the regular roundabout. However if you are thinking of the Roundabout50 then it is not quite so clear-cut.

Advantages of the MR:
rearfaces to 40# (but may well be outgrown by height, RF, before that)
less expensive
has cupholders (may or may not be a plus for you)
fits newborns well (sounds like this won't really be an advantage for you though)

Advantages of the RA50:
Britax quality (a big deal to some people; compare them for yourself to see what you think)
can be tethered when rearfacing (whether or not this adds safety is not universally agreed-upon)
nicer LATCH system
might be more comfortable for forward-facing (the MR is quite reclined when FF)

Both will probably be outgrown at the same time when forward-facing, but should get the majority of kids to an age where they will be safe in a booster.

Here (http://carseatblog.com/?p=2312) is a review of the MyRide and here (http://carseatblog.com/?p=1923) is an overview of the Roundabout50.

vonfirmath
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
A benefit or con of the Myride 65 (depending on kid) is the deep recline

For my son, this was a non-starter. he would not tolerate being that reclined.

GraceH
02-10-2010, 05:22 AM
...I was going to get a Britax Roundabout but now I wondered if the MyRide is better....

Just to be clear, there are TWO kinds of Roundabouts...
the original Roundabout has a smaller shell and will be outgrown relatively quickly as far as convertibles go
the Roundabout50 is a larger seat, much more comparable in size and length of usage to the Britax Marathon or Graco MyRide65 (the RA50 is basically the 'stripped down' version of the Marathon - no lockoffs and not-as-fancy LATCH connectors)

Jackieluv
02-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone...I forgot to mention that I was looking at the Roundabout 50 not the Plain Roundabout..... Sounds like this may be the way to go for my daughter..Thanks for all your input! PS can you define Lock offs??

Joolsplus2
02-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Lockoffs are just plastic seatbelt clips in the seat. They can be handy in a rearfacing seatbelt install (as the middle of your car requires, you can't use LATCH in the middle position of the 2004 CR-V), because they clamp the belt so you don't have to pull the belt all the way out to lock, which can cause the seat to tip sideways as the belt gets tighter and tighter). The RA50 is a pretty heavy seat, though, and not likely to tip sideways even with a shoulderbelt installation, so the lack of lockoffs aren't too big of a deal. :)