PDA

View Full Version : Snugride expiration?

tylersmama
02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Since I could really use a little extra cash, I decided to dig out some of DS's baby stuff to try to sell it on Craigslist. His Snugride was manufactured in 9/05. Is it 5 years or 6 years for expiration? I can't remember, and I want to make sure I give potential buyers all the relevant info! TIA!

bubbaray
02-09-2010, 07:52 PM
6 years for Graco. HTH

bubbaray
02-09-2010, 07:54 PM
BTW, don't expect to get much at all for that seat. I would have paid someone to take mine, but no one even was interested when I had it in for $25.

tylersmama
02-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Great, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thank you!

I'm not expecting a ton...but every little bit helps! It's in practically new condition, and I have two bases, so I'm hoping to maybe get $40, but we'll see. I know Craigslist is a total crapshoot! I also have an exersaucer, swing, two high chairs, and a bunch of other stuff, just have to dig them out of the garage and clean the dust off...hopefully collectively I can pay a couple of bills with them. :) Should have sold this stuff years ago, but I was holding out hope that maybe another baby would be able to use them. :rolleyes:

sariana
02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I think Graco expires in December of the 6th year. So yours would be good until December 2011.

Is there anything new that you need? Have you considered doing a trade-in at BRU/TRU? I traded in my Snugride (a year older than yours--also with 2 bases) and got DS a Turbobooster. The $20 off was more than I likely could have got trying to sell the thing.

tylersmama
02-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Just wanted to update here...I listed the seat a little high ($50) and had no bites for almost a week. And then I got an email from a guy whose wife was going into labor any minute and didn't have time to mess around getting a seat. He paid full asking price! :yay: