PDA

View Full Version : Carrier recommendations for a long 4.5 mo old?

lovemysweetie
02-10-2010, 12:18 PM
My hotslings worked fine for a while, but I think it shrunk, it's not adjustable, and my girl is super long for her age and just seems so scrunched in it. I also have a Chicco front carrier, which I really wanted to like because I love my Chicco Keyfit and stroller, but it's just not working for me--it's a pain in the patootie to get her in and out! I just want something easy to use, comfy for DD, and preferably not too expensive. Suggestions?

vtmom
02-10-2010, 12:48 PM
My DD is super long too. When she was younger we used the Maya Ring Sling (which I got on sale in a discontinued color from their website) all the time and I still keep it in the car to use with the hip carry when I want to dash in somewhere without having to deal with shopping carts or strollers. For short walks or when I have to get things done around the house we like the Ergo. For long walks and hikes we use the Kelty FC 3.0 backpack which has a seat you can adjust to fit DC's height specifically. The Ergo seems to be hard to come by at a discount though if you watch the Bargains Board here people are great about posting when they find deals. The Kelty backpack I see on Craigslist ALL the time.

hobie
02-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Chicco is not a very good carrier. You would probably like a SSC (soft structured carrier), like Ergo, Beco, Patapum, Calyx, Olives&Applsauce, and more. Check out www.thebabaywearer.com for more, and the FSOT (for sale or trade) for a great deal.

citymama
02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
At that age, I would just get the Ergo or Beco. They're pretty much ready for the Ergo by 5 months and you will get so much use out of it!