PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why a Chicco Keyfit is better than a Graco?

ourbabygirl
02-10-2010, 11:45 PM
I see that they're a bit more expensive than Graco carseats and about half of my friends have Gracos and about half have Keyfits.... please educate me!

Thanks!

GraceH
02-11-2010, 12:27 AM
I think that it's preferences... both are great seats (I personally went for the longer usage, amazing seatbelt base install, nicer canopy, and friendlier pricepoint of the SR35/SR32/SS1 and we made it to age 2 in it :) ).

KF30 - average outgrowth ~12 months (~30"), nice LATCH install on the base, 'nicer' fabrics than some SR32 prints, infant insert, can start use at 4 pounds, harder to find compatible strollers (esp. doubles), higher price tag, lackluster canopy

SR35 - average outgrowth 16-18 months (~32"), nice seatbelt lockoff on the base, *I* think the SR35 fabrics are a huge improvement, can start use at 5 pounds, easier to find strollers and other accessories that accept, lower price tag, fully rotating canopy

Joolsplus2
02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Key Fit has a seatbelt lockoff on the base, too, so both of them are excellent choices if you want to install in middle of the car, where many, many cars do not allow you to use LATCH. But the Graco lockoff is a bit nicer in that case, lol.
Anyway, yeah, they are both fantastic. The extra Graco bases are considerably cheaper (they are a lot less high-tech than the Chicco), so if you have to buy several, that might be a consideration.

:)

AnnieW625
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
For me it's only because I prefer the Chicco fabrics, however Graco is coming out with some really nice looking fabrics for the SR35 (see link below!). Either way if I do decide to get one either model will get my baby to at least a year vs. the 6-7 mos. in the regular Graco Snugride 22 we had for DD. We weren't big on taking the infant seat out of the car, except for daycare, but with #2 our Vista came with the Snugride adapter bar so I am sure we'll use the carseat more that way.

Graco Snugride 35 in Laguna:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002TUTPOG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0033D0MFE&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1D14JZYS1XX2N8CWZEX6