PDA

View Full Version : dear dh

siri
02-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Dear Dh,
Don't plan a ski trip with your buddies and not check with me first. I don't want to find out about it through our shared google calender. Also, don't assume that DS is always my responsibility. I have to always check with you to see if you can watch him even if I am going out for just a few hrs, but you plan a 4 day weekend and don't even check with me? WTF?!
I am also pissed that last weekend, when our babysitter was unable to watch our DS for the day that I had planned for us to go skiing, you decide to go with your friends and leave me at home to watch DS. Really?!
Thanks for the thoughtfullness.
your loving wife

BabyMine
02-11-2010, 02:12 PM
:13: What is up with men recently? I hope he cancels it and profusely apologizes for it then watches DC while you go to a spa.

Tondi G
02-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I think you ought to put a 4 day trip on the shared calendar the same weekend and leave it there... say nothing and see if he notices and has something to say about it! If he doesn't start packing a suitcase early and when he asks what's going on say "oh you didn't check the calendar and see that I had planned a trip? I assumed you would be home for the weekend and just went ahead and told the girls I'd be there!"

wendibird22
02-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Why is it that watching DCs is a mom's responsibility but for DHs it's babysitting?

sste
02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
I would absolutely plan your own 2-4 day trip in the same month or so and put it on the shared google calendar. And go!

Really, this is a gift. DH has just given you an absolutely golden justification for a nice little girls weekend.

elephantmeg
02-11-2010, 02:40 PM
I would absolutely plan your own 2-4 day trip in the same month or so and put it on the shared google calendar. And go!

Really, this is a gift. DH has just given you an absolutely golden justification for a nice little girls weekend.

make it the weekend BEFORE his too!

kmillini
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Why is it that watching DCs is a mom's responsibility but for DHs it's babysitting?

:yeahthat: I even had a co-worker once that had to watch his kids when his wife worked nights occasionally. He would always say "I have to babysit the kids tonight." It made me so mad!!

You definitely need to schedule your own trip!

Twoboos
02-11-2010, 03:02 PM

This is a TOTAL pet peeve of mine, and I will correct anyone I hear say it. Or counter with, "DH is babysitting tonight, since I've been babysitting all week." :irked:

OP - this would not fly in my house - I would be flying on a trip in the shared calendar with NO remorse!!

Tondi G
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM

My DH's co-worker always says that "I have to babysit the kids this weekend". My DH always tells him "you don't baby sit your own kids... you are parenting".

Clarity
02-11-2010, 09:59 PM
OP - this would not fly in my house - I would be flying on a trip in the shared calendar with NO remorse!!

Yeah, I must be a super B!tch, because this would not be flying in my house either.

MamaMolly
02-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Gotta say, hand me my cape and spandex suit cause I'm also SuperBitch. I would plan a trip tonight even if I had to go by myself to a resort for 4 days. Booked and tickets bought. And ITA, the weekend before DH's trip is a great idea.