PDA

View Full Version : Little Castle Gliders

phillybaby
02-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm SO ready to just make a decision on a glider; this is more tiring than the first trimester, LOL. I know I want an upholstered glider, and I'm pretty set on Little Castle since the Baby Bargains book gives them a good review and the price is much better than other upholstered gliders.

My question: What is the difference, or IS there a difference, b/t the Little Castle gliders sold at Walmart, JC Penney, and at specialty shops like Posh Tots or Royal Bambino? They look much the same online. I haven't seen any yet in person.

Thanks!

arivecchi
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
I have one from a boutique and love it. I don't know what the differences are but I would imagine the cheaper version is not as plush. I would call Little Castle and ask. GL!

phillybaby
02-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Hi there, thanks!

Can you tell me: Do you find it hard to get stains off the chair (I know it's not treated with any kind of scotch guard or anything).

You know, I just called and they said the only difference is in choice of shapes and colors, that the fabric and construction are the same and all the chairs are manufactured in the same place.

Hmmm.....

arivecchi
02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Mine does have a stain. We have the black and white toile with black piping. I have been lazy and have not tried to remove it yet. I did not have mine treated with anything. If that is the case, just get it at Walmart!

Claki
02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I have one from Wal-Mart and I can't tell any difference between it and one they have on display at Buy Buy Baby. Except for of course mine is a recliner and the one at BBB isn't. Same exact fabric even. Someone on here contacted Little Castle who told them they are the same quality, and I believe it.

BeachBum
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I think they mean that the underlying chair is the same, but the difference is in the fabric grade. When I purchased, the priced depended on what fabric group (A,B,C,D).
I ordered in microfiber. While it isn't as cute as the gingham I wanted, it is far more practical for us. I haven't had any staining and we've had quite a few accidents.
I'm very pleased with the quality overall.