PDA

View Full Version : Mutsy 4rider Light for toddlers

Malvernmom
02-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi guys,

I recently found these boards and tried to gather as much info as I could on strollers before I ask any questions. You guys are great! I've visited Strollerland, thanks to Strollerqueen, searched these boards, checked out the 2010 rollout of strollers, Baby Gizmo'd, etc. and when I think I've found something I want, I go to see it at a store and end up not liking it. So my latest winner is the Mutsy 4Rider Light. Does anyone have experience with using this stroller with a big baby or toddler? Is the seat short/really narrow? I don't want to buy it and my son outgrows it in 2 months. I saw the stroller at a store but I didn't sit him in it because he was sleep. I may need to revisit but the store isn't a close distance. He's 6mths and 27" long, 22lbs, we think he is going to be tall.

I was looking for a stroller where the seat can face me or reversible handle, a full recline (not sure I want the bucket seat), and isn't too heavy. Heavy being 30lbs. I may have to sacrifice weight preference for something that's comfortable for him.

But do older babies like the bucket seat recline??

What I've considered and test drove are:
I'coo Targo - a lot of stroller
Bumbleride Flyer - Steering is tough with reversed handle. Sales lady said it was the 2009 version and she's gotten many complaints about it. I tried locking the wheels closest to me and the stroller wasnt smooth to push at all. Unless she said it was an 09 and it really wasn't, but I'd like to think she knew what she was talking about.
Zooper Waltz - havent seen. Does it push well with heavier babies?

I don't know where the obsession with finding the perfect stroller came from... and with a 10yr difference btw my youngest two, back then I was only aware of Graco and Peg Perego. I feel like I've stepped into another world! But I like it.

Please let me know if you feel the seating is average or on the small side for the 4rider light. Thanks!

MamaBear
02-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I have a Mutsy Urban Rider, with a Joey seat. So far we've used the UR mostly for our newborn, with the bassinet, but once when we headed out with two strollers, our preschooler rode in the UR. He's nearly 3.5 years and quite tall. I haven't measured his height lately, but he's typically been 95th percentile or so. He fit comfortably in the Joey seat, although his head was to the top of the canopy. (The Duoseat is definitely a tight squeeze for him, but he loves riding in his 'double-decker' stroller!)

Malvernmom
02-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks! If I can use the stroller until ds is 3yrs old, I'm happy with that. I wish I paid more attention to detail on this stroller when I saw it. I can't find much info on the fabric. Is the Joey seat fabric different than the "regular" seat fabric? The fabric on the 4riders look to be nylon. I'm concerned if ds will be hot sitting in this during the summer heat.

strollerqueen
02-15-2010, 04:00 AM
Thanks! If I can use the stroller until ds is 3yrs old, I'm happy with that. I wish I paid more attention to detail on this stroller when I saw it. I can't find much info on the fabric. Is the Joey seat fabric different than the "regular" seat fabric? The fabric on the 4riders look to be nylon. I'm concerned if ds will be hot sitting in this during the summer heat.

The Joey seat fabric is different. It is removable, and there is a mesh seat underneath, like the Volo. Great for a hot summer day!:thumbsup:

MamaBear
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
The Joey seat fabric is different. It is removable, and there is a mesh seat underneath, like the Volo. Great for a hot summer day!:thumbsup:

Thanks for this, Strollerqueen! I had no idea about this. We had actually ordered the seat in a colour (can't remember which) and the Joey bassinet, but somehow ended up with Joey for both, so the seat was a bit of a surprise.

Malvernmom
02-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Thanks Strollerqueen! That's good to know. I was just admiring the mesh on the Volo at BRU recently too.