PDA

View Full Version : What would you put your child in at 5.75 yrs 50 lbs and 49 inches tall? booster or?

jacksmom2009
02-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Ok so we have a 3 kids right now that are in the following seats. jack is in a Marathon rear facing it was manufactured in 07 and he is 1 yr. Makayla is 2 yrs and is in a Marathon Manufactureed in 2004 which is ready to expire. need to be tossed. Then we have another 2 spare Marathons that were manufactured in 2004 that need be tossed! We also have a Graco Booster manufactured in 08 that my daughter age 5.75 yrs uses she is 50 lbs and 49 inches tall. is this good enough for her? safe enough for her we are taking a long road trip to disney from NH and i want her to be as safe as possible. Then we have a Britax Regent that is manufactured in 2008 should i put my 2 yr old in this for the trip to disney. she is 38 inches and 28 lbs! and toss the marathon that she is currently using as it is expiring or expired at end of jan 2010. Or should I buy a Radian? we have a 2006 Honda Odessey. I was trying to figure out best way to configure seats for trip as well. I was thinking of taking 1 seat out of 2nd row and putting my sons seat in middle and then putting 2 girls in 3rd row. what do u think? either having them in graco and marathon or graco and regent. or regent and buying a radian? what do you all think ladies?

KrisM
02-11-2010, 11:38 PM
I'd keep your 2 year old rear-facing, since she's only 28 lbs. So, I'd buy a Radian or another Marathon for her.

I think the 5.75 yo is fine in a booster, so long as she is sitting like she's supposed to, etc. Does she find the Graco comfortable?

AnnieW625
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Then we have a Britax Regent that is manufactured in 2008 should i put my 2 yr old in this for the trip to disney. she is 38 inches and 28 lbs! and toss the marathon that she is currently using as it is expiring or expired at end of jan 2010. Or should I buy a Radian? we have a 2006 Honda Odessey.

We moved our almost 3 yr. old to a Frontier at 38" or so and just about 30lbs (a year ago) to a top thethered Frontier and she's been happy. I think your 2 yo would be safe in a top tethered Regent too if you think she is ready to be ffing. If you don't think she is ready to be ffing then I would sell your Regent and get a Radian.

bubbaray
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd put your two oldest in the 3rd row, take out the +8 and and 1 other 2nd row seat, put the youngest in the 2nd row.

I wouldn't put the 2yo in a Regent. I'd buy another seat, maybe a Radian or even a Frontier or Nautilus