PDA

View Full Version : Where do you shop for your clothes?

firsttimemama
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
In my snow related boredom I have window shopped a lot of womens clothing sites this week and honestly not found much that I like.

Maybe I'm on the wrong sites? Where do you shop?

catpagmo
02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
I buy almost everything at Nordstrom. I used to shop at Banana Republic a lot.

KathyN115
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Nordstrom
Banana Republic
Gap
J Crew
Martin & Osa

HIU8
02-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Macy's
Nordstrom
Steinmart
Kohl's
Petite sophisticate (still at some outlets but owned by a different parent company now)
Ann Taylor Petite
JCPenny

MontrealMum
02-12-2010, 05:39 PM
BR
JCrew
Nordstrom - mostly at the Rack

sometimes:
Club Monaco
Simon's (local)
Ogilvy's (local)
Les Ailes (local)
BCBG - basement clearance section ;)
Gap
Ann Taylor (when in the US)
the occasional LLB or LE
various stores at outlet malls when in the US: Brooks Brothers, CK, etc.
local artsy boutiques

hillview
02-12-2010, 07:46 PM
NORDSTROMS

Also lululemon recent addition.
/hillary

zag95
02-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Nordstroms
Land's End
Eddie Bauer
rarely- Macy's

lchang25000
02-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I used to shop at BR and Bebe alot before I got preggo, but nowadays I shop mainly and ON, Gap, and Target. I've become less fashion conscious since I became preggo and moved out of LA.

crl
02-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Athleta
Title 9
LandsEnd
LLBean
Talbots
Nordstrom
Eddie Bauer

Never bought from, but I've thought about it often--Garnet Hill

Catherine

jgenie
02-13-2010, 01:08 AM
Lands End
Talbots
Nordstrom

ilfaith
02-13-2010, 11:00 AM
The bulk of my wardrobe comes from...
Gap
Old Navy
AT Loft
J. Crew (more from their outlet than regular store)
Target

When I was working I shopped more at Banana and Ann Taylor.

Mom Magic
02-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Most of my clothes the last 2 year or so come from

Boden--definitely my favorite. Styles just different enough to noticed, great fabrics that feel good on, and washes well.

Garnet Hill Outlet

sometimes other outlets--Ralph Lauren/Polo, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Ann Taylor

Andie

Canna
02-14-2010, 01:08 AM
Target
Old Navy
Boden
LL Bean

viba424
02-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Gap
Ann Taylor (not loft)
Anthropologie
Banana Republic
Saks
Barneys
Nordstrom Rack

gobadgers
02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
You ladies are inspiring me to step it up a notch! I am currently a different size than I ever have been before (except when I was 6 months preggo, lol) and have had to buy some basics in a new size. I've been hoping I can get back into some of my older stuff soon, but in the meantime shopping at -

Kohls
Target
LE Inlet
Eddie Bauer Outlet
Gap clearance
TJMaxx clearance

I used to love love love Nordys Rack, but we moved further away, plus th new size is depressing. Maybe after a few more months on the treadmill!

TwinFoxes
02-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Nordstrom far and away.

LE for the occasional piece and cold weather gear
Target if something catches my eye
Lucy

Gave up on:
Ann Taylor Loft, their attempts at being stylish didn't work for me.
Macys, their horrible customer service can't make up for their clothes and great sales.
BCBG & Club Monaco, sigh...I think I'm too old :(

I'm giving BR another try. Right before I got pregnant I gave up on thm because they seemed to have lost their fashion sense. But this season they have some cute pieces, so I'm happy to give them a try.

Boden and Garnet Hill are online faves for me.

mommylamb
02-15-2010, 05:29 PM
Most of my clothes come from Ann Taylor. I have some things from AT Loft, but I think they're trying to be more teeny-bopper -ish, so there is less there that I like now. Some things from Nordstrom, Boden, Banana Republic.

SnuggleBuggles
02-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Huh, I don't think of ATL as too young. I think it's a nice middle ground between the teen stores and the stores like Chicos. ATL is probably my favorite. BR, Target, Nordstrom, Gap for basics, amd Old Navy are my usuals.

Beth

AnnieW625
02-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Pregnant:
Japanese Weekend
Gap Maternity
Target's Liz Lange line

Not Pregnant:
Nordstrom
Banana Republic
Martin & Osa
The Limited
Macys
Target

Used to shop here a lot, but not soo much recentely!:
J Crew
Ann Taylor
Ann Taylor Loft
The Gap

Melaine
02-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Usually TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls along with Target, Kohls, and Old Navy.

Like Catherine, I've often thought of Garnet Hill but have yet to place an order (have been happy with kids' clothes there). The last few GH catalogs I have LOVED almost cover to cover though.

awoodm
02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Express- my fav.
Nordstrom
Ann Taylor Loft (pants and jeans from here fit me really well; I am not crazy about the style of most of their shirts- not my style).

nupe
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Work:
Banana Republic
Talbots
Garnet Hill

Weekend:
Garnet Hill
Old Navy
Banana Republic Denim

Workout:
Athleta
Old Navy
Adidas/etc

Swim:
Lands End

Banana Republic is the ONLY place I can find trousers/pants/denim that fits me well. And sometimes I don't even need to get them hemmed (mostly I do have to have hemming).

kozachka
02-20-2010, 12:28 AM
I buy the following brands at retail stores (on sale for most part) and well as at outlets and occasionally at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I also shop department store and online sales:

Casual
Banana Republic
Lucky Brand Jeans
Gap (basics such as t-shirts)
Old Navy (PJs, t-shirts)
Tommy Hilfiger (t-shirts and polo shirts)
Lacoste (polo shirts only)
DKNY
Mackage (leather jacket)
Splendid (t-shirts)
Michael Stars (t-shirts)

Business
Brooks Brothers (bulk of my work wardrobe, mostly bought at outlet)
Ann Taylor (blouses)
Max Mara (several pieces, but I wish for more)

gatorsmom
02-20-2010, 01:57 AM
I rarely get out of the house to shop. I have a great upper body (if I do say so myself!) and have no problem getting tops to fit. So I order them online a lot from Anthropologie.com, and J Crew online. I also liked Ann Taylor Loft which was near our house until they closed up that shop. Sometimes I still get their things online if I have a sale code.

But I have a terrible time finding pants and jeans to fit me so I usually try the Macy's near our house or I make a special trip to Nordstrom's which isn't near our house but I know I'll find something that fits me there.

SnuggleBuggles
02-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I just went to Martin and Osa yesterday for the first time. I liked the clothes and the price point. I happened to have great service yesterday too so I am going to add them to my list.

Beth

KathyN115
02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
I just went to Martin and Osa yesterday for the first time. I liked the clothes and the price point. I happened to have great service yesterday too so I am going to add them to my list.

Beth

I have found most of the items I purchased at Martin and Osa have been really good quality. Sign up for their emails - I get a lot of online codes and even coupons in the mail for the B&M store.

jvs195
02-21-2010, 09:55 AM
I have found most of the items I purchased at Martin and Osa have been really good quality. Sign up for their emails - I get a lot of online codes and even coupons in the mail for the B&M store.

I just took a peak and I'm intrigued. How do they run sizewise?

erika
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
I have found that H&M is great to search around, a lot of te clothes are cut a little bigger & have great clothes for going out.
Also Victoria's Secret, I get one size bigger on their baby doll cotton tees
Target
Old Navy