PDA

View Full Version : DH, You know not to let DD nap at 5 pm...

HIU8
02-13-2010, 11:12 PM
So, the fact that it's 10 pm and she is still WIDE awake, is your fault. You get to deal with her tonight!

Melbel
02-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Considering that we are often running DS or DD1 to activities around 5 PM, DD2 sometimes falls asleep in the car, which means a late night for us. We call her "party baby"! BTDT way too many times!

SnuggleBuggles
02-13-2010, 11:25 PM
That's when you put them to bed and let them play quietly in there. :) Works for us here. Sometimes ds2 chats and does his thing for a good hour before falling asleep.

Beth

crl
02-14-2010, 12:13 AM
That's when you put them to bed and let them play quietly in there. :) Works for us here. Sometimes ds2 chats and does his thing for a good hour before falling asleep.

Beth

OMG, how do you convince a child to do this? 'Cause I really have to teach the next one to do that instead of scream unrelentingly under these circumstances. :-)

And, I'd definitely let dh take this one--his choice, his consequences.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
OMG, how do you convince a child to do this? 'Cause I really have to teach the next one to do that instead of scream unrelentingly under these circumstances. :-)

And, I'd definitely let dh take this one--his choice, his consequences.

Catherine

Must be luck because both boys have done it. Could be that we also don't indulge initial complaints so they get the hint that they are on their own if all they are doing is complaining. If they seem like anything at all is wrong then we tend to them. It is a wonderful thing though!

Beth

tnrnchick74
02-14-2010, 08:23 AM
DS needs his wind down time at bedtime - I put him to bed at 7:30 but he usually doesn't "fall asleep" until 8 or so. He lays in there, cries for about 5 minutes then talks, sings, plays, etc. I guess I'm lucky!

But yeah, naps at 5 pm are NOT good!!

vahnessuh
02-15-2010, 08:59 PM
You guys are so lucky! I swear I have the Energizer Bunny in disguise as my daughter. This one can go from 8am to 10pm without a nap!