PDA

View Full Version : lightweight, medium-size, plain looking diaper bag suggestions?

crl
02-13-2010, 11:51 PM
So, with DS I started out with an Alpha 7 (anyone remember those?). I swear I still have it somewhere but I can't find it at the moment. I stopped using it because it just held what I needed for DS and me with no room to spare for bookstore purchases, extra jacket, etc.

Then I bought a custom medium Timbuck 2. I liked it. Except that it doesn't really have any interior organization and it was heavy. It was definitely big enough, maybe a bit too big. Still have it and I actually know where this one is.

Then, when DS was older, I switched to an Overland Equipment Donner bag (old fabric). My favorite by far. I loved that all my stuff (cell, cards, etc) was just under the front flap. And I loved that it has two spots for water bottles/sippies. And there was plenty of room for the 1 or 2 diapers and handful of wipes I was carrying by that point. I still have this one and know where it is.

But, I'm pondering the possibility that none of these is ideal for a newborn. The Donner seems too small? The Timbuck 2 seems too big and too heavy. The Alpha 7 might work if I can find it, but I think it was also a bit heavy?

So, any suggestions for lightweight, medium-size, plain-looking diaper bags for me to look at while I try to figure out where the heck my old Alpha 7 has gone? Bonus points for rmessenger to backpack conversion. . . .

Thanks!
Catherine

wellyes
02-13-2010, 11:58 PM
I have one from LL Bean that is very very similar to the Donner but bigger and more lightweight. Probably worth a look!

crl
02-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Oh, I like it. And I definitely like the price. Thanks!

Catherine

jgenie
02-14-2010, 12:17 AM
I have one from LL Bean that is very very similar to the Donner but bigger and more lightweight. Probably worth a look!

Link please??? :D

SnuggleBuggles
02-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Lands' End Little Tripper, maybe?

Beth

crl
02-14-2010, 12:33 AM
Link please??? :D

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62134?feat=sr&freeText=diaper

crl
02-14-2010, 12:35 AM

Beth

Thanks!
Catherine

crl
02-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Anyone have the Amy Michelle Madison Avenue bag? The reviews on Ebags are pretty positive. . . .

http://www.ebags.com/amy_michelle/madison_avenue/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=107942#testimonialJump

Catherine

bubbaray
02-14-2010, 11:18 AM
T2 Small with a center divider or Skip Hop Dash.

bubbaray
02-14-2010, 11:19 AM

Beth

LE LT is virtually the same bag as the Donner which OP already has. While I own both, I wouldn't buy both again. I actually prefer the LT (though I have the one from a few years back, I've heard the quality isn't the same now). My Donner got a rip where the strap connects to the bag after VERY light use for a short period. Not impressed with the quality. REI wouldn't help and I never got around to calling the company.

jerigirl
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Skip Hop Duo or Dash (messenger style) or Lexie Barnes Darling

salsah
02-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Anyone have the Amy Michelle Madison Avenue bag? The reviews on Ebags are pretty positive. . . .

http://www.ebags.com/amy_michelle/madison_avenue/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=107942#testimonialJump

Catherine

never heard of it but i like it. for the price (and 20% cash back with bing), free shipping, free return shipping, i say order it. if only i had an excuse to buy yet another bag . . .

crl
02-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! I'm going to make one final search for the Alpha 7 this week and if I can't find it (and maybe even if I can), I'm going to go through all these and pick something new.

Catherine

DebbieJ
02-14-2010, 11:42 PM
I have a Dash and really like it. It is super lightweight compared to the Sling Tote I used to have.