PDA

View Full Version : Radian 65 WWYD

wellyes
02-14-2010, 10:19 AM
So we got the great deal on a Radian 65 from diapers.com & it's just arrived. It is so, so tall. DD is 22 months old and about 25 lbs. I'd planned to RF her for as long as possible. But DH & I both drive sedans and I don't think I can install this seat RF without risking the front seat passengers by putting them too close to the airbags. The extra piece you use to RF forces the seat to the angle appropriate for very small babies.

She's currently using a hand-me-down Alpha Omega in DH's car that I'm not really happy with.

So WWYD:
1. RF her and squish front passanger in DH's car - a MazdaSpeed3.
2. FF her in DH's car.
3. Get yet another seat for now & save this one another use.

Sidenote: the *main* reason I got the seat is that DH inherited a Honda S2000 and wants to use it as his daily driver in the summer. The S2000 doesn't have a backseat. So DD's daycare drop-off and pick-up (about 5 blocks from our house) would be FF in the front seat of a car with a disabled airbag and I think the Radian would be a good seat for that.

o_mom
02-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Have you actually installed it in the car or just going by how it looks when you set it in there?

Looking at the pictures of the backseat of that car, you may be able to get it more upright. When you install, pull the boot away from the bight of the seat a little bit, so that it sits down on the flatter part of the vehicle seat, not up in the crack. I can get it a bit more upright in our cars by doing that. Also, try putting the front passenger seat more upright, not just slide it forward.

If it won't work, I think it would be a good choice for the S2000, so I would keep it for that purpose as you won't find anything comparable for the price you paid.

wellyes
02-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow, thanks for the extremely detailed answer. We haven't tried it yet but I think you're right - it is trying to install RF & I will play with the angles. And if that doesn't work I'll get another seat to RF & save the Radian for the S2000.

THANK YOU!

arivecchi
02-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Looking at the pictures of the backseat of that car, you may be able to get it more upright. When you install, pull the boot away from the bight of the seat a little bit, so that it sits down on the flatter part of the vehicle seat, not up in the crack. I can get it a bit more upright in our cars by doing that. Also, try putting the front passenger seat more upright, not just slide it forward. :yeahthat: This is what I did in the center of my backseat and got a much more upright install. I would not return that car seat in any event. Too good of a deal and too great of a car seat!