PDA

View Full Version : Twin Stoller - New Baby Jogger City Select

juilet6452
02-14-2010, 06:33 PM
I know that the issue of which stroller is best for twins has been covered in prior posts. However, all the posts are prior to the introduction of one of new strollers I am look at - the Baby Jogger City Select. I am debating between that stroller and the Mountain Buggy Duo (the new one that now has separate canopies). Has anyone used the Baby Jogger City Select in the Duo Mode?

I like the Baby Jogger Select stroller because I would only need one stroller because the select can attach two car seats. I just get nervous though that once they are out of the car seats that the twins are going to fight as to who sits in front and I am not sure if it will be easy to maneuver as they grow.

I like the Mountain Buggy though because my husband and I live in downtown Chicago and I need a stroller that will handle the sidewalks here. I just get concerned that the Mountain Buggy (and any side by side stroller) is going to be two big to bring into and be able to maneuver in stores.

Sorry for the long post.

arivecchi
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi. I live in Chicago. We use our Baby Jogger City Classic Double in the city a lot. We take it to CVS, Walgreens, the zoo, the parks, restaurants. It fits through any standard size door. We also have two single strollers though, so if we know any restaurant/store is too small/crowded for the double, we take our single Mac for the toddler and use an Ergo for the baby. I find that in the city a combo of strollers works best. I don't like the City Select because it looks like it would be outgrown fairly quickly. I would get a side-by-side and look into a Maclaren double, two Maclaren singles and two good baby carriers. I actually prefer the Valco and Baby Jogger doubles because they have taller seatbacks and huge separate canopies. I was not aware that MB had a stroller with separate canopies. Is that new for 2010?

juilet6452
02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks for your post. Yes, the two separate canopies is new for the mountain buggy this year. I think I agree with you regarding the City Select. The seats do look very small especially in comparision to the Baby Jogger double strollers like the elite.

One reason I like the mountain buggy over the baby jogger elite or classic is because the mountain buggy comes with two single or one double bassinet whereas the baby joggers do not. However, the padding on the baby jogger elite and classic look much more plush.

I think I am going to have to go back to the store again to figure this out. It is helpful to know that you have not had much difficulty manuevering the side by side strollers in the stores. Thanks.

arivecchi
02-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Just FYI, I had a bassinet for my Valco and never used it with DS2. I just had him on the fully reclined seat. In the winter, we use Valco footmuffs and the rain cover if it is really windy and cold, so we have not had any need to use the bassinet. I would get a MBD, a BJCED or a VTT. Those are probably the best for Chicago. GL!

arivecchi
02-15-2010, 12:21 PM
P.S. My best friend in Chicago just had twins and she got the Valco Twin Trimode because she can add the toddler board and the toddler seat for her toddler. Just in case you plan on having more DC.

HIU8
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I have the baby jogger city series double that I used for DS and DD (not twins). I love that stroller. I love the separate canopies. The only issues I've ever had with the stroller is that there is no parent bar (when we bought it we thought the bob cupholder thing would fit but it didn't). Also, the basket can sometimes be hard to get to. I ended up hanging a bag like a skip hop from the bar so I could easily get to stuff. I''m actually sad that I'm going to be selling it soon as we no longer need a doulbe for DS and DD.

arivecchi
02-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I can easily access the basket in my 2009 BJCCD and the parent console for Baby Joggers rocks! Just FYI! :D

HIU8
02-16-2010, 12:29 PM
I got mine in 2006 and there wasn't a parent console for it then (or not one we could find) Bummer. I would have really loved to have had one.

We put a diaperbag in the basket and it would get stuck (not a really large one). It was annoying b/c it would get stuck on DS's rear end that hung down more than DD. We learned to put smaller items in the basket and it worked out fine though.

arivecchi
02-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I got mine in 2006 and there wasn't a parent console for it then (or not one we could find) Bummer. I would have really loved to have had one.

We put a diaperbag in the basket and it would get stuck (not a really large one). It was annoying b/c it would get stuck on DS's rear end that hung down more than DD. We learned to put smaller items in the basket and it worked out fine though. That is still the case. I cannot fit a diaper bag in the basket. We do hang our Diaper Dude off the handle if we must take a diaper bag. The parent console for the double is huge and pretty much fits everything we need. :)

wendibird22
02-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to chime in on the City Select. Went and played with one at BBB this weekend as we are contemplating some type of double for our newborn and toddler. I put my toddler in the seat (she's 34.5 in tall at 2.5 yrs) and she was comfy. The seat looks short BUT the canopy is high so the seat back ends but there's a few inches above the end of the seat that is canopy material. In addition the leg rest/bar extends down. My DD could comfortably rest her legs there.