PDA

View Full Version : Regent v Frontier

bubbahue
02-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Hey!

So I was all set to get the Frontier but then I saw the Regent and thought maybe I ought to look at this...

We have tall kiddos. DS at 5 mos is almost 20lbs...so I thought I would put him RF in dd's Boulevards and buy new seats for her. I am guessing she is 40lbs and over 40". We have a doctor's appt thursday so I can her precise measurements...

Do you think those Boosters expire or do the parts stay okay?

Thanks in advance!

AnnieW625
02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
One benefit to the Frontier is that it converts from a harnessed seat to a high back booster. DD also is a big car sleeper so those headwings are a HUGE plus. The Frontier is good for 9 yrs. from the date of manufacure too. It could easily be the last seat you buy until DS is ready for the Frontier (and if you buy it now it will be good until he is 9 yrs old!).

Joolsplus2
02-15-2010, 08:38 PM
The Regent top slots are a little taller, but it has trickier installation rules, isn't as comfy for sleeping, and the ones on sale now *might* be getting kind of old, the seat's discontinued, that's why the prices are clearance-y. Uh, then again, the Frontier's discontinued and has great prices, too (the Frontier 85 is coming out next month with taller top slots and higher harness weight limit and better installation features).

Regents expire after 6 years, like the Boulevards, and Frontiers expire after 9 years, so you could get more use out of one in the long run.