PDA

View Full Version : DD has regressed. Ideas please????

HIU8
02-16-2010, 11:14 AM
DD normally wakes up at least once a night for a drink. Now she has lately been waking up every 3 hours and asks for a glass of milk. She drinks rice milk. She has been eating a lot lately as well. She eats 3 meals a day, 3 snacks a day and drinks at least 3 8 oz glasses of rice milk. Should I chalk this up to a growth spurt? I'm finding it much harder to break her of the night waking than I did DS. I'm completely exhausted every day b/c I'm up so much at night again (kind of like having a newborn again--but not as difficult). Anyone BTDT? What did you do to end it? FWIW, DD is being sleep trained and there are some nights when she can go to bed and not wake up at all until about 6 am. Those are becoming few and far between now though.

Jenny_A
02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
My DD will go through phases like that quite frequently. I always chalk it up to a growth spurt. Her body probably needs extra calories. Plus kids usually grow at night during sleep and so her body may require the calories during that time. I would just give her what she needs and get her back to sleep as quickly as you can. Maybe throw in a couple of extra snacks during the day or a protein snack before bed to see if that helps. If it lasts long than 2 or 3 weeks, it may have become a habit at that point.

But, from what you described it sounds like her body just needs the extra calories at night to grow.