PDA

View Full Version : please tell me why you chose a learning tower over a step stool

chozen
02-16-2010, 11:19 AM
trying to decide if the learning tower is a better choice then a step stool. please help me justify spending that much $ on a learning tower. i did post a wanted on craigs list, to be honest so far i have never seen one listed on our local craigslist

wendibird22
02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
The LT is sooooooo sturdy. I have no worries that DD1 will fall off or that it will tip. With a stool I'd feel like I couldn't leave her side for fear of her falling. With the LT she climbs up on her own and I am free to move about the kitchen and not worry about her. She can jump up and down on the thing and it doesn't budge. And the railings around the side keep her secure. I also like that the platform is height adjustable so that it'll grow with her. Even DH, who wasn't so sold on the LT when I suggested we buy one, now loves it.

ThreeofUs
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Fewer risk of falls and no pinched fingers! Really stable platform for sink play and learning to cook.

WatchingThemGrow
02-16-2010, 12:31 PM
All those things, plus, I love how they use the railing to hold themselves up, rather than propping themselves up on the counter or stove. It also limits the amount of "stretch" to reach things you don't want them to reach.

wellyes
02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
All of the above plus it's kind of a gymnastics platform for my 22 month old DD. She can climb up & out & around that thing like a monkey. Cheap entertainment this loooooooong snowy February. Plus, the art easel is perfectly toddler-sized:
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr174/ptzop/P1060794-1.jpg

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Safety, safety, safety. The LT is cheaper than a visit to the ER. My DD would be the kid to try to get to something on a stool in an unsafe manner.

maylips
02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Um, I'll admit it - we haven't. DD uses a step stool and she'll push her Tripp Trapp over to the counter. Our kitchen just really isn't a good size for a LT, plus they are just SO. EXPENSIVE.

WatchingThemGrow
02-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Um, I'll admit it - we haven't. DD uses a step stool and she'll push her Tripp Trapp over to the counter. Our kitchen just really isn't a good size for a LT, plus they are just SO. EXPENSIVE.
We got the Kitchen Helper (folds) for our small kitchen. It was $125 and still, cheaper than an ER visit.

ourbabygirl
02-16-2010, 03:15 PM
While I was unloading the dishwasher this morning, DD was watching/ 'helping,' and took a little fall, but just fell on her butt onto the little platform that she stands on. If she would have been standing on a step stool, she definitely would have fallen backwards and onto the wood floor, which wouldn't have been good. It's nice that I can pull her around on the floor and take her for a little 'ride' around the kitchen (she holds on to the side rails), since I have the little soft floor protectors stuck on the bottom.