PDA

View Full Version : What food to Send new mom?

ray7694
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
My close friend just had her 2nd dd and I want to send some cookies or some kids of nice congrats. I already got a gift. Any ideas?

BabyMine
02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I always liked finger foods. Something I could pick up and eat really quick. Or something like this http://www.ediblearrangements.com/fruit-baskets.aspx?CategoryID=48 .

SnuggleBuggles
02-16-2010, 03:02 PM
Non perishable snacks like crackers, pretzels, raisins, granola bars- all things that she can easily grab when she is hungry but unmotivated to prepare food. As a treat, dark chocolate covered pretzel thins from trader Joe's. Heck, you could just go up and down the aisles there and put together a yummy assortment.

Beth

cchavez
02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Pizza hut pastas are yummy...you could have one delivered one nite for dinner???

sunshine873
02-16-2010, 04:12 PM
All good suggestions so far. Are you local? A bunch of our friends organized dinners for us when we first brought DD home. My absolute favorite meals were soups because it was super easy to heat a little bit at a time at all hours of the day/night.

The soups usually came with some crackers, a salad and some kind of desert (pie, brownies, etc.)

TwinFoxes
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
My favorite food that we got was zucchini bread. So nice to have a semi healthy easy to grab snack. Especially for breakfast time, to when we got home late ftom the NICU.

MZS V
02-16-2010, 05:57 PM
One of the best gifts we got after delivery was a basket of banana muffins. Perfect for a snack in between hospital trays or to take with a pain pill, especially after I was released and we were running back to the NICU for a few days.