PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - Free time without kids!

jess_g
02-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Long story but I will have some free time this week without the kids. They will be in good hands with the grandparents staying at a nice hotel with a pool. I will be home without them. Now I am wondering what to do. I am thinking of driving down to the fancy mall (something that I have not done in about a year) or maybe a trip to Ikea (something else I never do). Besides that I am not sure what to do. I would love to takle a big project at home but I don't want to spend the time just cleaning. Any ideas?

Jessica.

TwoBees
02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Ikea and the mall sound like fun, as long as you have money to spend, or are a very good window shopper. What about a mani/pedi and/or a massage?

HIU8
02-16-2010, 03:33 PM
honestly, I would go through my closet and see what I needed (if anything) and purge what needed to go. I would also clean the house top to bottom (takes me about 5 hours if I do it alone and no one else is home). I would also build the wall that needs to be built in my basement (note: my father is doing this with me--I am not a carpenter).

wellyes
02-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Aside from a shopping trip, I'd get a big fat novel and read it in the bathtub.

edurnemk
02-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Spa day! At least a massage.

Manicure and pedicure

Coffee / brunch / dinner with your girlfriends. In non-family friendly restaurants, of course.

Read books not at all related to childcare. (I have a bunch of books I've been wanting to read, but after keeping up with DS all day I fall asleep after 2 pages).

I also tend to organize the house when I get free time, like HIU8 suggested

WatchingThemGrow
02-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Are you near a ski slope? I'd go skiing. In fact, that's what we're hoping to do if BIL and SIL are still okay keeping our DC at their house.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Spa day! At least a massage.

Manicure and pedicure

Coffee / brunch / dinner with your girlfriends. In non-family friendly restaurants, of course.

Read books not at all related to childcare. (I have a bunch of books I've been wanting to read, but after keeping up with DS all day I fall asleep after 2 pages).

I also tend to organize the house when I get free time, like HIU8 suggested

:yeahthat:

They all sound good!

arivecchi
02-16-2010, 03:45 PM
I'd do tea time with a friend!

jgenie
02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I would go shopping and out for lunch at a really nice restaurant. I would also catch a movie.

cindys
02-16-2010, 03:54 PM
I would get a big greek salad with extra dressing, a nice cold beer and a good book and plop myself on the couch and read and eat in peace!!!!

And then take a LONG nap!

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...18, 3 & 16mos:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

belovedgandp
02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I'd totally putter around the house and work on projects. Purging closets or working on crafts (scrapbooking or knitting) with some really bad TV or movies on in the background.