PDA

View Full Version : Do you have school vacation this week?

jess_g
02-16-2010, 03:31 PM
We do but I don't know if its this week everywhere or just here in MA. I know they have a different week in NH, but I am not sure about other states. I think the idea is to take a week off and go skiing, but we are not a skiing family.

Jessica.

BabyMine
02-16-2010, 03:32 PM
There is school this week for Florida students.

maestramommy
02-16-2010, 04:02 PM
We don't have break until next week. I think it kinda sucks that NH seems to have their break a different week from the rest of NE. Hard to get together with anyone.

KrisM
02-16-2010, 04:03 PM
The kids here were off yesterday and are today as well. Winter break is just 2 days. School again tomorrow!

SnuggleBuggles
02-16-2010, 04:04 PM
I haven't heard of vacation at this time so it sounds like a regional thing.

Beth

LD92599
02-16-2010, 04:08 PM
We are in NJ and we're off. However, there's plenty of others right around us in surrounding towns that aren't off!

lablover
02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
We do not have a break here in my county in NoVA. Thank goodness, because today is the first day back at school since Feb.4, due to all the snow.

pinkmomagain
02-16-2010, 04:30 PM
In my part of NY we are off all this week.

caleymama
02-16-2010, 04:31 PM
We do have "mid-winter recess" this week. The kids have the whole week off. I grew up nearby and always had a February break also.

vludmilla
02-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes, and as DH and I both work in the schools, it is fabulous!

dotgirl
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
We do (Seattle school district). Can I be a grouch and say when I was growing up, we never got a mid-winter break followed less than 2 months later by a Spring Break. Eek.

marie
02-16-2010, 04:55 PM
We don't have break until next week. I think it kinda sucks that NH seems to have their break a different week from the rest of NE. Hard to get together with anyone.

:wavey: VT here and we're on the same schedule as NH.

I can tell you by the license plates I'm seeing this week that NY, MA, NJ & CT have off! Lots of tourists in these parts. . .

I joke with DH that the reason our kids are in school this week is so all the parents that work on the mountain, in the restaurants, etc. don't have to find child care for their kids while they work their butts off this week. That and our kids aren't clogging up the lift lines for the tourists. LOL

trales
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM

It is all about the skiing, workers, and not having all NH, VT people at the resorts with the rest of the East Coast. The good news is, the price drops next week. We tax the tourists and keep the cheaper skiing for ourselves.

kijip
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
We are out for the week here too. A week for mid-winter break. We remember Spring break, but I don't remember a whole week for mid-winter. Maybe a day or 2 between semesters?

T is having a fun week though, and I took some time from work so it is all fine and good.

GaPeach_in_Ca
02-16-2010, 06:46 PM
We are off for Ski Week this week, too.

I never got off the extra week, either, growing up.

rlu
02-16-2010, 06:57 PM
DS has the week off (I had yesterday off) but my sister who works in a different school district only had yesterday off.

DS also has the week after the week after Easter off. And two weeks at Christmas. I don't remember getting this many days off either, but then he started in Aug and I didn't start until Flag Day as a child.

elizabethkott
02-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Here on LI we're off this week.
Oh, the joy!!!

SnuggleBuggles
02-16-2010, 07:13 PM
Growing up I didn't even have spring break. We had Thurs., Fri., and Monday around Easter off but b/c of snow day it usually just ended up being Friday off. The amount of breaks are a lot more than I am used to. I'd rather have fewer breaks and get done earlier in the summer, I think.

Beth

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
No, and even if we did the district didn't build enough snow days and would have used the time off to make up for their lack of planning. They refuse to petition the state of AZ for an exemption, so kids are going until June this year....

kayte
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
Yup. And we are home with DD's double ear infection. No fun.

GaPeach_in_Ca
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
DS also has the week after the week after Easter off. And two weeks at Christmas. I don't remember getting this many days off either, but then he started in Aug and I didn't start until Flag Day as a child.

Labor Day, right? Flag Day is June 14th. I always remember b/c it was the birthday of my BF in Kindergarten. :love-retry:

maestramommy
02-16-2010, 10:30 PM
It is all about the skiing, workers, and not having all NH, VT people at the resorts with the rest of the East Coast. The good news is, the price drops next week. We tax the tourists and keep the cheaper skiing for ourselves.

LOL Tracey and Marie! Should've realized it was all about economics! I think I'll visit Boston Children's Museum during our break week:p

rlu
02-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Labor Day, right? Flag Day is June 14th. I always remember b/c it was the birthday of my BF in Kindergarten. :love-retry:

That's right. We got out at Flag Day duh!