PDA

View Full Version : Crib Recommendations Needed-solid wood and not convertible

NBooRey
02-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking for a crib for our first, expected August. I've narrowed it down to a solid wood that we don't need to be convertible. My husband and I would like something of fairly good quality that will last through a number of children.

Your recommendations?

vtmom
02-16-2010, 09:55 PM
DH and I were in the same boat. We did not need a convertible crib (we have inherited furniture that DD can use when she outgrows her crib) and just wanted a simple, solid wood crib that would last through several children. We had very little luck finding that. The non-convertible cribs we came across all seemed rickety to us or came with the under crib drawer that I did not want. In the end we ended up getting a Pali Novara crib which we love! It is a beautiful wood crib which is sure to last through all the kids we will have.

mrspeachykeen
02-17-2010, 09:44 AM
We bought the Munire Olde World Style crib in the Newport style and love it. It was normally $399, but we found it on sale for $340.

NBooRey
02-20-2010, 12:59 AM
We love the Munire safeside cribs. Any ideas on where to order online for cheaper than our local boutique?

HannaAddict
02-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Straight up crib by Land of Nod. Solid hardwood and made in USA. Easy to assemble, solid and no drop side. We replaced our six year old "real" Ragazzi crib with it. The Ragazzi was no longer stable after two kids and the drop side hardware had failed about three years ago but was replaced by the boutique where we'd purchased it. We didn't use the drop
side really much in any case. We have been very pleased with the Land of Nod crib. Our other option would have been a Romina crib but specified no drop side. HTH.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-20-2010, 10:00 PM
we have one by Munire (i believe it's the "Essex" model) and we love it (DS loves it too :)). i think it's convertible but we don't plan on converting it and so we didn't buy the pieces to convert it. No drop side. The only thing is that u have to be probably at least 5'4" to use it comfortably... my MIL is 5'0" and it was almost impossible for her to place my DS in it as it was too tall for her to lean over.

NBooRey
02-21-2010, 06:01 PM
We love the Chloe Safeside by Munire and are going to order that!!! Its a fairly new line from Munire, so we're thinking we'll have to order from a boutique. If anyone has a good online site, please send along!! Thanks for all the help!!

bigpassport
02-22-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm VERY happy with our Baby's Dream Infinity drop-gate crib. It is VERY solid. "Drop-gate" is an unfortunate name as drop-side cribs are getting such a bad rap. With the drop-gate, the top 1/4 (maybe not even that much) has a hinge that can open outward so you have easier access to the baby without risk of harm to him. This is a convertable crib so we will be able to do a toddler bed and a full size bed. We got a matching nightstand and dresser so that we can use the set now for the nursery and, if we don't want it for DS's room, we can use the furniture for a guest room. I got it through USA Baby. We did have a problem matching the stains on the dresser to the crib/nightstand. But to the credit of both USA Baby and Baby's Dream, they kept working on solving the problem until I was satisfied.

ETA: Sorry, didn't see that you had made a selection already. Way to be decisive!!!