PDA

View Full Version : Peg Si Sportivo vs. Maclaren Techno XLR

MamaMolly
02-16-2010, 07:16 PM
How do these two compare? I though I was all set on getting a Mac Techno XLR as a travel/in the car stroller, but have recently read good things about the sunshade on the Si (I think I'd get the 2009 Sportivo on Albeebaby). Any thoughts?

GraceH
02-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Are you looking to use it with a car seat?
...because it's my understanding that the car seat adapter bar must be removed from the XLR to fold it (which would have been a PITB for my suburban errand-running in-and-out-of-car lifestyle).
The Si reminds me of my Mosaic, which I really love, so *I* would definitely choose the Si.

goldenpig
02-16-2010, 09:37 PM
I don't have any experience with the Mac XLR, but I love my new Si. I have the 2010 which has a bumper bar in the front that makes it easier to use it with a carseat (you can set it down onto the bumper bar and then tighten the straps (included so you don't have to buy an extra adapter). Other than the lack of a bumper bar and different colors, the 2009 and 2010 models are essentially the same. One other difference between the Si and Macs (from what I've heard) is that Macs tend to be very tippy when you hang bags on the bag. I'm able to hang a full diaper bag on the back of the Si without it tipping if she gets out of the stroller. Also the Si has a really large sunshade and stands upright when folded. It's a great travel/carseat stroller!

AnnieW625
02-16-2010, 11:48 PM
I love that all Macs have almost no plastic. I thought the Si is nice, but I still like the Maclaren better. The sun shade on both the XLR, and the XT still folds so it's really nice.

arivecchi
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I love that all Macs have almost no plastic. I thought the Si is nice, but I still like the Maclaren better. The sun shade on both the XLR, and the XT still folds so it's really nice.:yeahthat: I have a Peg and a Mac and I would never trade the Mac for a Peg! The quality of Maclaren strollers is superior.

MamaMolly
02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I love that all Macs have almost no plastic. I thought the Si is nice, but I still like the Maclaren better. The sun shade on both the XLR, and the XT still folds so it's really nice.

Annie I'm really glad you mentioned sunshades on the XT. I'm doing all my 'shopping' online until I return to the US (10 more days! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!) and I'm looking at the XLR over the XT just because the sunshade on the XLR looks bigger. How do they compare? Have you seen them IRL?

strollerqueen
02-18-2010, 01:07 AM
The XT sunshades unzip and come all the way down. They have net venting on the sides. They are HUGE! :yay:

MamaMolly
02-18-2010, 03:03 PM
The XT sunshades unzip and come all the way down. They have net venting on the sides. They are HUGE! :yay:

So the XT shade is better than the shade on the XLR? If so you just made my day. I'd love to be able to save a little on this one!

AnnieW625
02-18-2010, 03:08 PM
If I was buying now I'd just get the XT; a friend of mine had an 07 XLR and she said that she didn't think that the stroller frame attachment was a sturdy as she thought it should be. I am soo darn tempted too, but I would feel like I am betraying my beloved Triumph by getting one esp. since I really don't need another stroller.