PDA

View Full Version : Washing Teddy Bear

mm123
02-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Has anyone ever put a stuffed animal in the washer/dryer? DD's favorite has become pretty smelly, and I want to clean it, but if it gets wrecked, I'm in BIIIIG trouble!! I don't think a 'surface wash' will cut it.

Thanks!

Melaine
02-17-2010, 10:39 AM
In a pillowcase on cold/delicate has worked for me. If you are afraid to even do that, you can always run a cold wash and swish it around in there by hand. Once I started doing that I found handwashing is really not that big of a deal since you have the water filling the washer and the water still running to rinse. I try to do that before I am running a cold load anyway so it also saves water.

larig
02-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Melaine, I have never heard anyone suggest that. Thanks for a GREAT tip, it sounds like it makes handwashing much neater and easier. (love the water saving too!)

mm123
02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Do you machine dry or air dry? Seems that air drying may take quite a while.

newg
02-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I do a delicate or hand wash cycle with the item in a pillowcase or delicates bag.......I usually throw in other really soft items..........blankets,towels.........that won't harm the toy.............then I'll toss it in the dryer with items that are already dry....put it on the lowest heat setting for a few minutes (usually the fast/damp dry setting) and then let it finish air drying.