PDA

View Full Version : Will the Britax Marathon fit into an Elantra?

OctButterfly06
02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
I have an '05 Hyundai Elantra and I'm concerned that the Britax Marathon that I just ordered may not fit! Can anyone who has installed one into an Elantra or similarly sized car tell me if this will work??

elektra
02-17-2010, 01:12 PM
We have the Elantra Touring (hatchback) and we have two marathons, RF, both outboard. They fit fine. They are great seats. :)

HIU8
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
We have on 08 elantra and have 1 FF MA outboard passenger side. It fits just fine. I did not install it RF, but only b/c it's shared between DS and DD for occasional trips.

OctButterfly06
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better about ordering it. I was afraid I've have to go cancel the order and try to find something else. If you're reading this and haven't responded, I'd still like to hear if it fit in your Elantra (or didn't fit!).

HIU8
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I installed it FF using LATCH. The only issue I had was it was difficult to get to the LATCH hooks in the bite of the seat (of the car). It took some digging. I also had issues with the angle I had to be at to TT the seat. It took about 5 minutes more than in my other car (which takes about 2 minutes). I think a seatbelt install would be faster and easier in my 08 elantra.

arivecchi
02-17-2010, 04:20 PM
We have the Elantra Touring (hatchback) and we have two marathons, RF, both outboard. They fit fine. They are great seats. :) Dude, how many car seats do you have? :ROTFLMAO: