PDA

View Full Version : Tsukihoshi on sale at 6pm

MommyofAmaya
02-18-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.6pm.com/tsukihoshi-kids-on-sale

Dream
02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Prices seem really good. I'm not familiar with the brand. How would you rank them compared to Umi, PediPed etc.

SnuggleBuggles
02-18-2010, 01:49 PM
I love them. They are light weight, easy to get on, but they do run wide so keep that in mind. We bought ds2 a pair in Sept. and they still look brand new. Ds1 wore them almost exclusively from age 3-6yo. Many are machine washable.

Beth

Dream
02-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks, so if I need a size 6 then do I need to worry about it being wide? Isn't the size usually to do with the length?

Dream
02-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Bing offers 5% CB

coolae
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
do y'all know how long this sale will last? until the end of the day? i'm not super familiar w/ 6pm.com but would love to take DD to nordstrom to get fitted before ordering. i've heard these shoes are the best.

SnuggleBuggles
02-18-2010, 02:25 PM
You would buy normal length, so if she measures a 6 then you buy a 6. I just mentioned the wide part b/c if your dc has narrow feet they might not be a great fit. But if they are normal width or wider they would be fine.

Beth

Momof3Labs
02-18-2010, 02:28 PM
DS2 tried on a pair at Stride Rite not too long ago. They were nice and lightweight, machine washable, but definitely ran wide (and he has a wide foot). At $60+, we passed, but I am going to check out this sale!

Dream
02-18-2010, 02:32 PM
You would buy normal length, so if she measures a 6 then you buy a 6. I just mentioned the wide part b/c if your dc has narrow feet they might not be a great fit. But if they are normal width or wider they would be fine.

Beth

I really don't know whether her feet is wide or narrow. When I think about it, it doesn't look wide at all. I guess I can always return if it doesn't fit.

KHF
02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Thank you, thank you for this! I pay $50+ for these (and they're the only shoes I'll pay that for). This will be DD's third pair of them. They hold up great, wash well and we just generally :heartbeat: them. We get the Goal 25s for DD. She gets them, puts them on, then tells me about how fast she can go in them.

BeachBum
02-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for posting. DS was in need of new shoes for school and I hadn't seen a bargain in a while!

emschwar
02-18-2010, 03:29 PM
We love these shoes for DS1. Our first 2 pairs were fabulous, but our last fell apart after just a few months. I was rather disappointed considering how much they cost. Maybe we'll give it another shot for his summer sneaks at these prices.

The green tea extract in the soles cracks me up!

Dream
02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Since these seem to be all season, I'm thinking of buying ahead. Would it running wider be an issue?

SnuggleBuggles
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks! Just bought a pair! I wish I could buy ahead but I have been burned before on that. He is almost in need of a new pair so this is great timing.

Beth

DrSally
02-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I recently posted about finding these http://www.6pm.com/product/7389063/color/163658 on clearance for $10.xx at Nordstrom rack. I think it was a total fluke, though, and there was only 1 pair. We do like them. They are very lightweight and cute. So, are you supposed to take the sole out when you wash?

MaiseyDog
02-18-2010, 04:30 PM
We love these shoes for DS1. Our first 2 pairs were fabulous, but our last fell apart after just a few months. I was rather disappointed considering how much they cost. Maybe we'll give it another shot for his summer sneaks at these prices.

The green tea extract in the soles cracks me up!

I had heard such great things about these shoes that when DD1 picked them out as her back to school shoes I caved and got them. These were the ones we got. http://www.6pm.com/product/7389063/color/559

They didn't make it a month before the sole of the shoe was peeling off. I took them back to the shoe store and they gave me credit for them and said they had had several complaints at that time. I know other's experiences haven't been the same, but for me, I justs can't go back down that road.

mom2mack&max
02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I love these shoes. We've had two pairs. I think they run a little big, (not wide) and it even recommends sizing down a half size on the website. These are great shoes. They wash well - I removed the soles and washed them too and had no problems.

Melanie
02-18-2010, 04:44 PM
I love these! Thanks for the tip.

Does anyone know how the maryjane style runs? Dd has a tall foot.

mom2mack&max
02-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Was thinking about ordering a pair for my ds since I like them so much for my daughter. I was reading 6pm's return policy and you have to pay for return shipping and more importantly- they don't do exchanges.

Has anyone ever ordered the boys shoes in wide? My son is wide, but if they already run wide are the wides too wide?

Dream
02-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Thank you for the recommendation. I bought the Baby Mayumi Mary Jane in Brown/Pink and while there I looked at the Umi's and bought a black pair at 36% off.

LGS
02-18-2010, 06:47 PM
They didn't make it a month before the sole of the shoe was peeling off. I took them back to the shoe store and they gave me credit for them and said they had had several complaints at that time. I know other's experiences haven't been the same, but for me, I justs can't go back down that road.

We've been buying only this brand for quite some time for my two boys, and we also had the experience this past year with one pair falling apart. Our small shop owner who we buy all our shoes from was very apologetic and gave me some credit. I wonder if it was the same style others have complained about. Our one and only problem was with the Skyline pair (http://www.6pm.com/product/7446577/color/17607).

FWIW, I have one child with wide and one child with narrow feet, and they both wear this brand. For awhile my 2 y/o (the one with the narrow feet) said one of his pairs was "too big" and preferred his pair that had two velcro straps, instead of the one very large velcro strap.

sidmand
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Thank you! I loved these for DS. He's now only into his light up shoes but we've had two pair for DD (I usually buy on eBay to make it a little less). I had some pink sneakers for her that I loved and she got compliments on them all the time.

They were very easy for DS to get on and off at preschool and the only ones he could easily do himself for a long time. We used to get compliments on his all the time too! Now if they only made a light up one...

nabigus
02-18-2010, 07:13 PM
thank you!! These are the BEST kids' shoes ever.

If anyone's looking for a great boy's shoe, we have these and love them:
http://www.6pm.com/product/7349375/color/136469

jme
02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
any free shipping codes?

emschwar
02-18-2010, 08:48 PM
We've been buying only this brand for quite some time for my two boys, and we also had the experience this past year with one pair falling apart. Our small shop owner who we buy all our shoes from was very apologetic and gave me some credit. I wonder if it was the same style others have complained about. Our one and only problem was with the Skyline pair (http://www.6pm.com/product/7446577/color/17607).

I'm pretty sure this was the one we had problems with: http://www.6pm.com/tsukihoshi-kids-sora-infant-toddler-silver-orange Ours were yellow and navy.

SnuggleBuggles
02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Bummer, I bought the Skyline. Fingers crossed!

Beth

baileygirl
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks for posting this! I bought 3 pairs of the Tauchi. We have previously bought 2 pairs of these shoes, and we love them! I had told DH these should be the ONLY shoes we buy, but they didn't have them at Nordstrom last time we needed shoes...so we ended up with Stride Rite and Geoxs, which I don't like as much.