PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Quest for $149 a good deal?

daisi012
02-19-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm 6 mos pregnant and came across a 40% off President's Day sale at Baby Gap on Monday. I wasn't thinking about strollers, car seats or any of the like, but saw that the Maclaren Quest was included in the 1 day sale. The saleswoman told me this was very rare so I decided to jump on the deal figuring I can do my research and always take it back. It's listed for $259 on Gap's website but I paid just $149. I'm thinking this is a keeper but wanted to get some feedback here to confirm.

I'm trying to figure out what other kind of stroller I'm going to need since this is for an older baby. I walk my dog a couple times a day so I know I'm going to need an additional stroller (we walk paved trails & sidewalks). A friend said she can get the BOB for me at cost (she's a retailer of an athletic shop) so I'm hoping this will work & I can attach the infant seat into the BOB.

Am I on the right page? Do I need a snap n go type stroller as well?

zag95
02-19-2010, 01:45 AM
I would say that the quest price was pretty good- I think we paid 170 for ours in 2008, using coupons at BRU. You might check and see the manufacture date- and also if there is a kit (as Maclaren had a fix kit so kids don't pinch their fingers off- it came out around the end of December) that Maclaren provides for free- It is a great stroller. We love ours! The weight limit goes up a ways to 55 lbs- so you'll be able to use for Disney or other trips!

The quest you can probably start using at around 5-6 mos (it was after 6 mos that we used it, as we had a snap and go that we used with our infant car seat)

We have a Baby Jogger City Classic single that we use for neighborhood walks, parks, zoo, etc. It has bigger air tires.... and the weight will last thru our current DD, and future kids!

I would probably do a snap and go or stroller frame, with the infant seat- it's convenient- you can get them off of Craigslist for cheap, or borrow from a friend.

Congrats and GL!

AnnieW625
02-19-2010, 01:51 AM
The quest you can probably start using at around 5-6 mos (it was after 6 mos that we used it, as we had a snap and go that we used with our infant car seat)

You can use the Quest from birth and I think that $149 is a great price for the stroller. What a great find. Now I would take your friend up on the Bob too. I have a few friends whose stroller inventory consists of Maclaren (Techno, Quest, or Triumph) and a Bob and are quite happy with that combo!

AnnieW625
02-19-2010, 01:54 AM
I'm 6 mos pregnant and came across a 40% off President's Day sale at Baby Gap on Monday. I wasn't thinking about strollers, car seats or any of the like, but saw that the Maclaren Quest was included in the 1 day sale. The saleswoman told me this was very rare so I decided to jump on the deal figuring I can do my research and always take it back. It's listed for $259 on Gap's website but I paid just $149. I'm thinking this is a keeper but wanted to get some feedback here to confirm.

I'm trying to figure out what other kind of stroller I'm going to need since this is for an older baby. I walk my dog a couple times a day so I know I'm going to need an additional stroller (we walk paved trails & sidewalks). A friend said she can get the BOB for me at cost (she's a retailer of an athletic shop) so I'm hoping this will work & I can attach the infant seat into the BOB.

Am I on the right page? Do I need a snap n go type stroller as well?

I think that $149 is a great price for the stroller. What a great find. Now I would take your friend up on the Bob too; that would be a no brainer in my honest opinion. I have a few friends whose stroller inventory consists of Maclaren (Techno, Quest, or Triumph) and a Bob and are quite happy with that combo! I don't think you'll need a snap n go!

You can use the Quest from birth. The Quest has at least a three position recline.

WatchingThemGrow
02-19-2010, 07:52 AM
I thought the Quest and Triumph were from 3m+. Sounds like a good deal! I saw the doll quests on the sale shelf at our Gap. Should have picked one up, but we already have one.

yirek
02-19-2010, 04:05 PM
That's a pretty decent price for a Quest! We LOVE ours and use it a ton!

zag95
02-19-2010, 07:49 PM
I thought the quest was from 3+ mos- it is my understanding that the other Maclaren (Techno?) is one that you can use from birth.

AnnieW625
02-19-2010, 08:01 PM
OOH you guys are right the Quest is now usable from 3 mos. old. I could've swore when we were looking in 2006 it was okay to use from birth.
http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=101&Itemid=493

strollerqueen
02-19-2010, 11:04 PM
I thought the quest was from 3+ mos- it is my understanding that the other Maclaren (Techno?) is one that you can use from birth.

The recline is not that deep. In Europe, you can't use it until 6 months. I think that is a better recommendation. Just hang on to it until then, and get a bigger, reversible stroller for the newborn stage.

sariana
02-20-2010, 01:19 AM
I'm hoping this will work & I can attach the infant seat into the BOB.

I just want to point out that you will need an adapter in order to use an infant seat with the BOB. I have a friend who used to go running with her baby in the BOB. It worked really well for her. It was a paved path.

When I was pregnant with DS, we lived on an unpaved road. So DH was looking for strollers that would work for running and for the rough road. Even though the road got paved right around when DS was born, we ended up getting a BOB, and it has worked out really well. We never used an infant seat, and the Revolution didn't exist yet. Ours has a stationary front wheel, but it has been just fine. DH sometimes uses it to take DD when he goes trail running in the park.

We also have a Quest, which I love. We got it when DD was a year old, so we've had it for just over a year. I think we paid around $200 a year ago, so you got it for a great price. DD doesn't sleep much in it anymore, but when she did, both the recline feature and the extendable footrest were great. With it fully reclined and extended, she was lying practically flat. (I wouldn't even have known about the extendable footrest if not for this board.) Plus it came with a rain guard, which I actually have needed and used, even here in SoCal.

strollerqueen
02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Except that BOB strongly recommends against running with infants, and never running with them at any age in the car seat.

daisi012
02-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. The manufacturer date is July 09 and the box did have the kit to cover the hinges so I feel confident we're good there. It sounds like the Quest is a keeper and now all I need is the Bob Revolution with the carrier adapter and I'm good to go.

Thanks again! :)