PDA

View Full Version : ISO Verizon cell phone/plan deals

calv
02-19-2010, 10:57 AM
so my renew every 2 is up. i have a basic envy phone. Really, would love a blackberry. is my only hope to pay the $30 in addition to the $40 we already pay?

Only thing I think I have going is that I have a $50 credit towards a new phone.

THNX!

mommybug
02-19-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't know of any deals, but do you have an employer discount? A lot of companies do. Mine was 15% when we were with Verizon. Our discount was only applied to the base phone plan, not the added family share line or the data plan, although I think my friend's discount does apply to their data plan so it must be employer specific.

Bryan mom
02-20-2010, 12:55 AM
I've been going to Costco to renew the past few times. Ends up about the same as elsewhere without the hassle of mailing something in for rebates. Plus you can change your mind and exchange for something else within 3 months if not 100% satisfied.

iowavb
02-20-2010, 09:02 AM
They have a daily deal (on Verizon.com), and most of the phones are free or really cheap, so maybe you could wait until they have a blackberry on that? I know when I was getting a new one I saw a Blackberry on it, but I have no idea if it was a new version or what it was.

supercalifragilous
02-22-2010, 03:37 AM
Employer discounts vary. I'm on a family plan with my friend & her DH and we split it 3 ways. Her educator discount through the University is 17%; through my employer it's 20% but they're in the middle of their contract and it's too expensive to go by myself, even with the extra 3%.

I tried the Blackberry Storm and HATED it. I'm NOT a Blackberry person; having to take the battery out to hardboot the phone every other day is NOT my cup of tea. I ended up trading it in for the Motorola Droid and I absolutely love it. The GoogleMaps app is awesome - you can virtually replace any GPS system you have with the Droid and there are just so many other free apps you can download. The data plan is the same $ as a Blackberry.

Just a note: I had the Env2 before I got the Droid. I absolutely adored my Env2 but find I get so much more for the money with the Droid. I can't say enough about it - I love it!

act000
02-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Dell mobility now has the Droid for $50!! for new customers.
http://mobility.dell.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=35693_b1f615b00f0947fd81b734 065d4f777f&referringdomain=dellmobility&agent=

If you have to go through a Verizon storefront, maybe you can get the manager to price match? (I had a friend who used to work at a cell company; he told me they'll do just about anything on the phones to get you to sign up. $75/month for 2 years is $1800 - they can knock some more off the phone for that!)