PDA

View Full Version : I need a TERIFFIC punch recipe!

kep
02-19-2010, 03:41 PM
What's your favorite recipe? :bowdown:

creativelightbulb
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Lipton instant lemon tea powder (do NOT mix with water)

Instead mix with:
pineapple juice
orange soda
ginger ale

you can play with the proportions to get a thicker or thinner punch...

we call it mud tea when my mom makes it because she makes it sooo thick and uses lots of tea...

before making a large batch I'd play with the ingredients in a small amount to decide the taste you prefer then multiple it...

this works great with ice in the cooler dispenser or punch bowl since it can melt and dilute the mixture ...some prefer the diluted version...

some of my guests now mix this with a liquor of their choice....

Melaine
02-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Coffee Punch: This pretty much tastes like a frappuccino.

2 oz instant coffee (I usually use Decaf)
2 cups boiling water
1 cup sugar
1 gallon milk
1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
2 cups whipping cream or cool whip

Add coffee and sugar to boiling water. Chill it (usually do this the day ahead and stick it in the fridge). Add 1 gallon milk and ice cream (you need to leave it on the counter for an hour or so first to soften up). Mix it all thoroughly and put a huge dollop of whip cream on the top.

If you are making this for a party, I find it works to buy 2 half chocolate half vanilla ice cream cartons (I think Breyers). Then I make 1/2 the recipe at a time otherwise my punchbowl doesn't really hold it all with room to stir. If that makes sense....

Andi98989
02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
Super simple:
64 oz white grape juice
2 liter ginger ale

Somewhat more complicated:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Party-Punch-IX/Detail.aspx

This does freeze really solid, so either freeze it in small volume containers (I used Gladware) or make sure you take it out and keep it at room temp for several hours ahead of time. Also, after reading reviews, I did decide to use half the sugar called for and it turned out just fine.

caleymama
02-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I've used this Aileen's Punch (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Aileens-Punch/Detail.aspx) recipe multiple times in the past few years and it's always been a hit. One time I made ice cubes out of extra pineapple juice and apricot nectar and another time I froze slices of pineapple on a cookie sheet and floated them in the punch. Other times I've just used plain ice.

ohiomom1121
02-19-2010, 11:39 PM
We had this at my baby shower and it was so tasty!!! Plus it's pretty with the strawberries floating in it.
Strawberry-Lemonade Punch
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
3 cups cold water

1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
Combine the first 5 ingredients; add the ginger ale and stir gently. Serve immediately.
I'm still dying to try that coffee punch...just need an occasion!
Makes 1 gallon.

jellibeans
02-20-2010, 12:08 AM
12 oz frozen orange juice
12 oz frozen lemonade
6 c water
1 c sugar
1 lg can of pineapple juice

Combine all ingredients and freeze in gallon containers(gallon freezer bags work). Just before serving, add ginger ale(2 bottles for the whole recipe, add to taste if you are using partial.)

JElaineB
02-20-2010, 12:23 AM
This is my mom's recipe from way back. I don't know if you can even buy Hawaiian punch in cans anymore? It tastes great though. I've never had it with rum, as far as I know, though.

Fruit Punch

2 cans Hawaiian Punch (1qt. 14 oz.), 1 can pineapple juice (1 qt. 14 oz.),one 12 ounce can of frozen orange juice, 24 ounces of water- you can use this water to make an ice float with strawberries or add it to the juice and fruit mix.

one 6 oz. package of frozen strawberries
one 20 oz.can of crushed pineapple

combine first three juices with the fruit and let marinate overnight.
when ready to serve add ice and one quart of ginger ale, to increase the amount you can also add 1 qt.of lemon lime soda. 1 qt. rum is optional.

makes 33 cups, 50 tall glasses or 100 punch cups.

snowbunnies300
02-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I have two that I use for parties. One is certainly easier than the other but both taste good and I am always asked for the recipe.

Sherbert Punch
1 container frozen raspberry sherbert
2 qts ginger ale

Mix in a punch bowl and serve. May use more or less ginger ale.

Strawberry-Pineapple Punch
1 (14 oz) can pineapple juice, chilled
1 (6 oz) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 1/4 c water
2 1/2 qt ginger ale
3/4 c sugar
1 qt strawberry ice cream
whole frozen strawberries (optional)

In a punch bowl, combine pineapple, lemonade, water and sugar. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Stir in ginger ale. Serve at once. Yields about 20 to 30 servings. Can add the optional whole frozen strawberries to help keep punch nice and cold without diluting the flavor.

Smillow
02-20-2010, 01:42 PM
I like to substitute at least 1 2 liter bottle of flavoered seltzer instead of a sweet soft drink to cut down on the too-sweetness of punch.

I also like to make a ice ring using a bundt pan & sliced citrus fruits, fresh mint & berries.

2 cans of frozen concentrate raspberry lemonade
2 2 liter bottles of lemon flavored seltzer

Tondi G
02-20-2010, 07:34 PM
my mom used to make punch with ocean spray cran raspberry juice and sprite/7-up. She used to float some bon-bons in it too.

Sounds weird but I remember liking it!

MelissaTC
02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
This is my favorite and always a hit when I serve it.

Party Punch

You will need a large punch bowl to serve this.

1 can frozen raspberry lemonade (or plain lemonade)
1/2 large bottle of Hawaiian punch (add to taste)
2 liter bottle ginger ale or sprite/7-up, chilled
frozen berries (I like the variety pack at Trader Joes)
1 tub raspberry sherbet

Pour ingredients into a punch bowl. Add raspberry sherbet before serving. Use an ice cream scoop and place the sherbet around the top of the punch. To keep the punch cold, you can freeze Hawaiian punch ahead of time in an ice cube tray. Place those in the punch.

kep
02-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks, ladies! I ended up trying this recipe tonight at the Cub Scout Awards Ceremony, and it got rave reviews!!! However, I think I overbought the ginger ale, so maybe we will try some of the other recipes as well.

And I agree, the coffee punch sounds delish!

We had this at my baby shower and it was so tasty!!! Plus it's pretty with the strawberries floating in it.
Strawberry-Lemonade Punch
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed and undiluted
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed and undiluted
2 (10-ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
3 cups cold water

1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
Combine the first 5 ingredients; add the ginger ale and stir gently. Serve immediately.
I'm still dying to try that coffee punch...just need an occasion!
Makes 1 gallon.

ohiomom1121
02-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks, ladies! I ended up trying this recipe tonight at the Cub Scout Awards Ceremony, and it got rave reviews!!!!

YAY, glad it was a hit!!!!! :thumbsup: