PDA

View Full Version : Help! How to heal cold sore fast?

slworld
02-19-2010, 05:23 PM
I am supposed to attend a wedding next weekend and I just noticed this tiny red bump near my upper lip. Think its a cold sore (the last time I got it, the spot kind of itched & I kind of knew it was coming, but didn't have that symptom this time). How do I get rid of this soon?

Thanks much

MissyAg94
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Abreva is supposed to be effective.

michellerw
02-19-2010, 05:35 PM
I've had really good luck with Abreva. I had a couple of outbreaks this winter and if you start using it right away, it will kill them dead.

jerigirl
02-19-2010, 06:04 PM
L-Lysine. You can find it in the vitamin aisle. Take a couple a couple of times a day. Should shrink it.

n2ou
02-19-2010, 06:14 PM
In Europe they have these patches, called compeed cold sore patch. They are the bomb - I mean they rock - words cannot describe it - lol!

http://www.amazon.com/Compeed-Cold-Sore-Patches-patches/dp/B0019UUUVO

Compeed Cold Sore Patch is a breakthrough invisible patch that uses a patent-pending ingredient, ulta thin hydrocolloid-075 to treat cold sores from start to finish. The Compeed Cold Sore Patch reduces the risk of cross-contamination associated with touching the sore. Once applied, the patch covers and seals the sore, and provides the healing benefits at each stage of the cold sore outbreak.

I linked to amazon, but I have ordered them from ebay before and they shipped internationally for not nearly as expensive.

HTH,

Simone

malphy
02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
put ice on it as soon as possible and then use a medicine, if you catch it early enough the ice helps keep it from getting too big.

zovarax rx cream is awesome if your dr will just call it in to a pharmacy for you

hellbennt
02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
all of the above. ok i didn't know about the compeed.
but, lysine is good, abreva, topical rx meds, oral meds, etc

fauve01
02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
DH likes to "blast it" (which I think means reapplying throughout the day) with Zilactin. he thinks it works the best out of everything out there.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=zilactin
It's available at any drugstore or Target.

My sister has a prescription for when she gets a breakout.

Anne

Tondi G
02-20-2010, 07:32 PM
you can call your doctor for RX meds to treat it, they also make a prescription cream. My sister just got her first cold sore ever and her dermatologist helped her treat it with meds. Went away within a week.

Corie
02-20-2010, 11:41 PM
If I am remembering correctly, I thought a few BBB moms recommended
Tea Tree Oil for your cold sores.