PDA

View Full Version : I'm hurtin, @#!$ tile floors

Nooknookmom
02-20-2010, 03:13 AM
So our sheperds decided to brawl this afternoon, as I took off to help DH untangle them, I slipped on DD's spilled cereal.

It was if a hand picked me up and body slammed me on the floor. I landed stomach down, mainly on my right hip, right elbow and left elbow. My face felt like someone punched me and I felt my back arch and twist.

My whole body was shaking, I felt the same way I did when I hit the ground after fallibg 20feet.

I have pre ext. spinal issues fromTHAT fall and now I keep having these painfull spasms inthe middle of my back. My right elbow is swollenand blue but I can move it forward but not back, b/c it is swollen and painful.

Did I go to the doc? No but maybe I should Monday if I'm not better.

Both DD's saw me wipe, the baby said "I make it better, here's a kiss".

Geez, can't take me anywhere!

s7714
02-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Oh no! I'd head to urgent care tomorrow if you are still having trouble moving your arm.

We have tile in our great room and I live in fear that someone will slip and fall on it because the slightest little itty bitty wet spot is ridiculously slippery. I hate tile floors too!

Hope you feel better soon!

elektra
02-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Oh no! Hope you feel miraculously better tomorrow!

ThreeofUs
02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh, no!! So sorry this happened, but if your range of motion is affected, go to a doctor sooner than later.

Hope you feel better soon!

Melbel
02-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I hope you feel better soon after your major wipe out. Ugh. What a sweetie the baby is though. :hug:

Tondi G
02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
If you have some Epsom Salts, I would take a HOT bath and soak in them! Oh and some motrin/advil every 6 to 8 hours. OUCH... hope you feel better soon. If your range of motion in your arm isn't better by Monday I would call your doctor and get in to have it checked out.

mamicka
02-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh my! That sounds awfully painful. I'd see a doc sooner rather than later if I were you, that sounds bad.
:hug:

bubbaray
02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Owie! I too vote for seeing a doctor asap. That d/n sound good about your arm. Hope you are feeling better asap!

randomkid
02-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm so sorry that happened! I want to put tile in our main living area, but now I'm having second thoughts about it.

I'd advise you to get that elbow looked at. The fact that it is swollen, blue, painful and your range is limited is concerning for a fracture. Not to scare you, but you'd want to get that taken care of ASAP.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

DrSally
02-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Oh! I'm sorry! I hope you can get your elbow looked at.

JamiMac
02-20-2010, 10:56 PM
Ouch! That is terrible! I hope you feel better in the morning, but I'm betting you'll be sore. :hug5:

MamaMolly
02-20-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm so sorry that happened! I want to put tile in our main living area, but now I'm having second thoughts about it.

I'd advise you to get that elbow looked at. The fact that it is swollen, blue, painful and your range is limited is concerning for a fracture. Not to scare you, but you'd want to get that taken care of ASAP.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

:yeahthat: I agree that the symptoms sound like they need to be looked at ASAP. Hope you feel better soon!

s7714
02-21-2010, 12:29 AM

They do make some tiles with a coating and/or texture on them that makes them less slippery when wet (the kind you'd use on a bathroom floor). If I could do things over again I would have looked into using something like that instead of standard ceramic flooring tiles.