PDA

View Full Version : ISO stroller for travel

CCY
02-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I am looking to buy a lightweight umbrella stroller for travel. Does anyone know what is a good brand at a reasonable price ? TIA !

Tondi G
02-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Maclarens are great umbrella strollers. They aren't particularly inexpensive though. If you don't need a reclining seat then the Volo is very light and will serve you well. If you need some recline then the Triumph is the next step, then the Quest (more recline settings and more features)

http://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren.html

mom2akm
02-21-2010, 07:34 PM
I recommend the Mclarens as well. They are very well made and will last for a long time.

poohbear
02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Depending on your time frame, you can often find a Mac on sale. Especially when babies r us has their red dot clearance sales. I found a triumph for $85. (Volos were about $60, Quests $120). Also, they are often on ebay and sometimes can be found at TJ Maxx/Marshalls (though I haven't seen many lately - I think it may have something to do with the recall, since I saw a recall notice up at my TJ Maxx which seemed to always have one or two Macs lying around)...
If you are looking for something inexpensive right away, I know a lot of people like the Chicco Capri....

LMPC
02-21-2010, 08:00 PM
I have the Silver Cross Fizz that was on Shnoop.com recently. I took it to London in January and loved it! It's small enough not to be cumbersome....but comfy enough that DD took wicked naps in it. It even reclines a bit. Came with rain cover....all for $60. It's a stroller I would definitely recommend for the money.

hillview
02-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Another vote for a Mac here.
/hillary

arivecchi
02-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Another vote for a Mac here.
/hillary:yeahthat: IMO the Mac Triumph is the perfect travel stroller.

Mia
02-22-2010, 04:24 AM
I would highly recommend the Uppa Babies G-Lite and G-luxe. The main difference in between these is the reclining feature. We own two Uppa Baby strollers. The Vista and the G-Lite and love them both. The customer service is amazing and their products just work. Try to see if a local reseller has any of these two and give them a chance. You will not regret it. Plus you will own a stroller that not that many people have and is less expensive than the MacLarens.

Good Luck