PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice - Rockland Crib

Ladybug0600
02-21-2010, 09:06 PM
The hubby and I were looking at getting the Rockland Hartford Straight Back crib (http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=62438&CatID=62709&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=17d734d&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=62438|62702&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=29&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=62438|62702|62709) from JC Penney and it's even on sale this week. but then he noticed in the description that it stated "sturdy hardwood/veneer construction " and the veneer threw him off. Because it's not in the stores and JC Penney can't tell us where the veneer is (if it's just on the back board or if it's all over) he doesn't want to purchase it.

It was my top choice (both on look, safety and price) and so I am reaching out to see if others have ordered this specific crib and had problems with it, or where the veneer is?

Thanks in Advance
Jessica

MommytoEliana
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Hi, Jessica,

Welcome to the BBB! :-) No advice on the crib, but I wanted to bump this up for you. Do any of the stores carry it on the floor? Or could you contact the manufacturer directly to find out exactly what is veneered?

Good luck!

Ladybug0600
02-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks! My husband is calling the JC Penney Furniture store today to see if they have any knowledge about it and see if they have it on the floor so we can look at it.

the problem with JC Penney is they don't tell you who the manufacture is, at least I can't figure it out..otherwise I would just call them directly.

Thanks for the bump

Ladybug0600
02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
We ended up just buying it. JC Penney had a sale and free shipping so we just had it shipped to the store. The online person couldn't tell me who the manufacturer was so I couldn't call them...so we are just going for it and seeing what it's like when we get it. if we don't like it we will take it back.