PDA

View Full Version : replacement train track?

maestramommy
02-21-2010, 09:12 PM
We have a train set that was passed on to us by my uncle. It's a Melody circus train. When you press the start button it moves forward and plays a tune. If you press it again, it stops, and when you press it yet again it runs backwards. It could be fun except that one of the tracks is missing, and a couple have broken tines, so the remaining tracks don't fit together well, and the train, which has a kind of cheesy wheel design to begin with, keeps running off the track. Since the train otherwise works well, it seems a shame to pitch it. Does anyone know where I can find replacement track?

KrisM
02-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Like this?: http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-LER6886-Melody-Express/dp/B0012OKBNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1266803770&sr=8-1.

They're part of the $1 deal at Borders, if you can get one! Friday, my Borders had 5 of them, so let me know if you want me to check and see if they have one.

maestramommy
02-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Like this?: http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Resources-LER6886-Melody-Express/dp/B0012OKBNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1266803770&sr=8-1.

They're part of the $1 deal at Borders, if you can get one! Friday, my Borders had 5 of them, so let me know if you want me to check and see if they have one.

I wish! No, the train was actually quite large. Each car is almost a foot long. The track is plastic, rather brittle plastic at that. It's funny, the train looks almost "vintage" but kind of cheaply made. Dh thinks that it was probably manufactured by one parent company and many toy brands have bought the chassis and called it by their own name, if that makes sense. Which would explain why I googled "Melody circus train" and came up empty.

KrisM
02-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Well, too bad! Wouldn't that have been good luck?

Is there any info on any of the pieces that you could google? Part nos or something?

maestramommy
02-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Well, too bad! Wouldn't that have been good luck?

Is there any info on any of the pieces that you could google? Part nos or something?

Oh, I didn't check! Will do that tomorrow. ;)

Momof3Labs
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
That sounds a lot like the trains that my parents gave the boys for Christmas a year or two ago. They found them at Wal-Mart around the holidays. If you can post a pic, I can compare to our sets.

kristac
02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Is it maybe a G-gauge? Maybe you can take a piece to your local hobby shop and they can match the track for you?

maestramommy
02-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Is it maybe a G-gauge? Maybe you can take a piece to your local hobby shop and they can match the track for you?

Oooh, good idea! There are a couple of hobby/train shops nearby, so I can do that.