PDA

View Full Version : Best "true" jogging stroller

mecawa
02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
I use to run outdoors before the kids all the time, and with the nice weather a couple months away and with DD1 in school, I am thinking of starting up again and taking a break from the basement treadmill. What is the best stroller for running 2 or more miles a day with? It would be for DD2 who is 13 months now, so when I start to really use it she will be about 16 months (right now it's too snowy, icy, and cold where I live). Thanks!!

bubbaray
02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I'd go with the BOB SUS or one of the fixed wheel Baby Joggers.

AnnieW625
02-21-2010, 10:02 PM
A friend of mine who is a serious runner and has had around 10 strollers (including one or two Baby Jogger joggers, not city series) swears by her fixed wheel Bob Ironman. I have another friend who has been happy with the Bob SUS, and a Bob Ironman double, and then a few other friends who love their Bob Revolution singles (and doubles too).

I have a fixed wheel Dreamer Design (now company is out of business) and I really like it. I am not a huge runner, but more of a fast walker/jogger and the fixed wheel doesn't bother me at all.

WatchingThemGrow
02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm laughing at this b/c I'm thinking, "Oh, it would be fun to actually get out and really run with my DC. I should get a fixed wheel jogger." Then I think about how we have the wheel for the Burley for when DS2 is old enough...Then I remember that I do have a TRIPLE fixed wheel Qseries from BJ. Is that thing going to be at all "fun" to jog with in a few months??

okinawama
02-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I run about 3 miles 4 times per week and I love my BOB revolution.

strollerqueen
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I use to run outdoors before the kids all the time, and with the nice weather a couple months away and with DD1 in school, I am thinking of starting up again and taking a break from the basement treadmill. What is the best stroller for running 2 or more miles a day with? It would be for DD2 who is 13 months now, so when I start to really use it she will be about 16 months (right now it's too snowy, icy, and cold where I live). Thanks!!

I really like the Kool Stride, too, if you can find it.

PeppyParents
02-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi there,

I'm assuming you're going to be doing cement/street running.

In addition to BOB Ironman, you may want to check out the new Baby Jogger 25th Anniversary Performance stroller. Very cool looking!

If you're going to be doing off-road running too, the BOB SUS would be the right choice, since its tires are better for dirt.

HTH!

FullHouse
02-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Would the dual front wheel "jogger" strollers be a bad choice for running?

What about the Schwinn Free Wheeler?