PDA

View Full Version : Talking Knapford Station $65 Shipped!

brigeet
02-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Thomas the Engine Knapford Station Wooden Railroad Set is on Kids Woot (which is a deal of the day website). I just saw it moments ago and not sure what time it was put on Kids Woot so it may only be on it a few more hours or for most of tomorrow. Anyway, hope someone can benefit from this! I froogled it and it's like $150 at Toys R Us and $120 at some other places online.

http://kids.woot.com/

http://sale.images.woot.com/Thomas_the_Engine_Knapford_Station_Wooden_Railroad _Set1xtStandard.jpg

I was noticing it comes with talking Thomas, Percy and James. Those 3 wooden trains alone will cost you around $30.

I'm dying to buy it for DS but my husband was laid off on Thursday! Sucks!

KrisM
02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks!

We only have 6,200,309 Thomas items in this house, but I've been looking for fun stuff to get for DS2, since he is enjoying it and all. Maybe I'll get this for him for Christmas when he's 2.5. Hmmm.

JTsMom
02-22-2010, 09:01 AM
We bought the talking Great Discovery set from Woot before Christmas, and it has been a HUGE hit. This set looks very nice as well.

ETA: I'm so sorry about your DH's job.

lmwbasye
02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for posting this! Was able to grab one for G's 3rd bday. :)

Seitvonzu
02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
ugh-- we LOVE our great discovery set that we got on woot, but that one has a hill and stuff -- and two "talking" parts. do you guys think this is worth it? i actually LOVE it lookswise (knapford station looks like a greenhouse to me! and for some reason it reminds me of the big station in dc, can't remember what they call that this morning), but do you think functionally it's worth the money? we have SO many toys and i was just telling DH i'm at my limit...but thomas stuff is SO nice.

we already have a percy (not talking), and a "talking" thomas....but we don't have james yet....so that's 23 dollars right there, right? can you tell i'm trying to justify. what i REALLY want is cranky crane, toby's windwill and the bulstrode/lighthouse set. maybe i should just hold out.

ohiomom1121
02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
DS got this for his birthday last year...just one warning...if you are going to add this to a train table it's REALLY large and takes some work to fit it in with a lot of other track/pieces. I kind of regretted getting this one. Great deal though-especiallly if you build track on the floor.

Seitvonzu
02-22-2010, 09:41 AM
thanks Ohio-- we use a LACK table we got at ikea as our "train" table and the great discovery set did NOT fit at all until dh fiddled with it (it's still a "broken" track, but dd doesn't care about that)

i love the look at the set, but i'll have to think about the size/playability a little more. i thought it would make a good potty training present....but i've thought about the lighthouse/bulstrode for longer, so we'll see. i was thinking we might have to start setting up the trains on our coffee table in the living room (it's bigger), but i'm not sure i want to go back to having no coffee table! for heaven's sake, we made a dedicated playroom to regain our coffee table!

ohiomom1121
02-22-2010, 09:51 AM
thanks Ohio-- we use a LACK table we got at ikea as our "train" table and the great discovery set did NOT fit at all until dh fiddled with it (it's still a "broken" track, but dd doesn't care about that)

i love the look at the set, but i'll have to think about the size/playability a little more. i thought it would make a good potty training present....but i've thought about the lighthouse/bulstrode for longer, so we'll see. i was thinking we might have to start setting up the trains on our coffee table in the living room (it's bigger), but i'm not sure i want to go back to having no coffee table! for heaven's sake, we made a dedicated playroom to regain our coffee table!
My biggest issue is there's 4 tracks coming out of EACH side. Even when you use those tracks to combine into one it takes up half the table. My DS won't let broken track fly (ugh!) so I had to make it work, and had to go buy more pieces to make it work. (We have a Nilo table by the way.)
I just saw you want to get Cranky...my kids LOVE their Cranky!!!

iaam
02-22-2010, 11:12 AM
So tempting, but I will resist. Between the sets he already has and one from the Sears sale that I am holding on to (and will give him over the summer), we are literally out of room for DS' Thomas stuff. And this is when we have laid the track on the floor! But great deal OP, thanks for sharing.

brigeet
02-22-2010, 05:42 PM
It's funny to see how everyone is trying to justify buying this :)

I actually ended up getting one for DS's 2nd bday even though my husband was just laid off on Thursday. I got MY job (from which I had resigned only one week before hubby's layoff) back this morning so hubby said we could buy it in the spirit of celebration! I guess being a SAHM is not in the cards for me :(