PDA

View Full Version : Best place for pj's?

megan973
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
I have just searched Old Navy and Gap's websites with no luck. Kohl's doesn't have anything either. I don't want to spend a ton... just want some comfortable yoga-type pants and maybe a few t-shirts. Nothing tight on the armpits though. I'm about 6 months along and am thinking I want some pants/shirts for now and then I have no idea what to buy for the hospital??

Does Motherhood Maternity carry a decent selection in the store? I haven't looked for pajamas, and have gone to buying online from ON or Gap b/c things are so much cheaper.

I would prefer a store, so I could try on the items, but am not opposed to buying online if I can get a good read on the fit.

TIA!

lizzywednesday
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
My mother bought some adorable maternity/nursing PJs for my sister from a Destination Maternity B&M store ... my sister and I have VERY different tastes and I swear I would've threatened to steal them if we weren't different sizes!

Honestly, I've been fine with regular PJs with drawstring waists through my entire pregnancy (I am 2 weeks out from my due date) and did the same with yoga pants - both the fold-top and drawstring pants in the Champion C9 line from Target have served me quite well as far as lounge & workout wear. In fact, I just bought a new pair of Nick & Nora PJs (and coordinating slippers) for the hospital so I can pack my bag next week.

I don't know if it makes any kind of a difference, though, but I am also a fairly large person who's been carrying fairly small, so what worked fine for me may not work for you.

Pebbles
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
With the twins I got so big that I just went to target and bought 3x size pj's. They were soooo comfy!

SnuggleBuggles
02-22-2010, 03:47 PM
I just stock up on ribbed tank tops from places like ON and wear/ wore those.

Beth

boltfam
02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
I have these, and they are SO comfortable. I am 29 weeks, and I have plenty of room to grow. I normally wear a M, and the pants I have are a M.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5953&vid=1&pid=539570 (http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5953&vid=1&pid=539570)

kozachka
02-28-2010, 01:42 AM
I did not get maternity PJs or work-out pants when I was pregnant, I wore them low and got away with regular clothes. I like ON for PJs but only if it's made from a jersey fabric.

Momof3Labs
02-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Even pg with my twins, I was able to wear non-maternity sleepwear. I found a really loose, A-line nightie that worked for me until the very last hours. I chose a nightie over PJs because it was too warm for excess clothing, lol.

Now that I'm not preggo, I love love love my Nick & Nora flannel PJs from Target. I'm kind of a PJ snob so never thought that I'd love these but I do.

BabyMine
02-28-2010, 02:56 AM
I switched to menswear. They were way more comfortable and less expensive.

Andi98989
02-28-2010, 07:17 AM
While I was pregnant I just wore a big t-shirt to bed. I couldn't stand having anything like pants on my belly at night. During the evening I did have a pair of super comfy yoga maternity pants that I got in a bag of pants from CL. I actually wore those home from the hospital. In the hospital, I just wore the gowns. Once we got home, I wore some tank pj's that I converted into nursing pj's until it was clear DS wouldn't latch. Then I just switched to regular pj's.

jvs195
02-28-2010, 09:46 AM
I wore the Landsend knit pajamas and they were quite comfy although the tops were too short. Wore Maternity long camis with shelf bra (Motherhood I think). I also LOVED my Majamas because they were so soft and made me feel a little less huge and frumpy.

lizzywednesday
02-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Now that I'm not preggo, I love love love my Nick & Nora flannel PJs from Target. I'm kind of a PJ snob so never thought that I'd love these but I do.

HA! I even preggo, I wear my Nick & Nora flannels nonstop because I've been running cold. I also have the ruffle trim crop broadcloth ones and wore them all summer. I think the drawstring waist was the dealbreaker ... I have a couple pairs of regular elastic-waist jammies and I just can't use them because I have to seat the pants so low under my belly that it feels like they're gonna fall off.

I haven't done a nightshirt or nightgown since high school, but I'm considering getting one for the hospital because of the docs' plan for my delivery (overnight with cervadil to start an induction) and I think pants would likely get in the way. I'm fussy about having my own things, so I'd rather be comfy than cranky.

JTsMom
02-28-2010, 01:37 PM
I bought up 2 sizes, and those have worked well for me with both of my pregnancies. I also made a few pairs of pj pants for next to nothing. For tops, I just wear my usual T-shirts. I don't care that they're a little small- they're still comfy. It's the pants that kill me. I can't stand to have anything tight on my belly.

PearlsMom
02-28-2010, 07:04 PM
My MIL got me some pj pants from ON for Christmas (she gets all the girls the family matching sets -- too cute!) I'm usually an XS, but she ordered me size M petite, and they are super comfortable. With a drawstring, they don't fall off, but there's plenty of room to grow ATM. (I'm 23 weeks.)