PDA

View Full Version : wheres the best place to get a photobook made??

kochh2
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
we have a LOT of pictures from our recent WDW trip, and want to have them made into a nice photobook.... whats the best place to do it- factors we'll consider include price, quality, number of pages included, and ease of use....so if you can comment, please help!! TIA

scrooks
02-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I've made a couple of nice books on Shutterfly. I've been happy with their quality and the choices available (for page set ups etc) but they are the only site I've worked on so I have nothing to compare them to!

Karenn
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I've worked with shutterfly, my publisher, snapfish and messed around with the disney photo site a bit too. My favorite is Shutterfly for ease of use and best prices. My publisher (through Costco) is nice too, but I really like to make my own hard back cover and you can't do that there.

lchang25000
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
I've used both KodakGallery and Shutterfly, and I like the page layout choices better on Shutterfly. I was pretty happy with KodakGallery also, esp. since they had a deal where you can have up to 75 pages for no extra fee (usually only 20 pages are included in the price)!

wellyes
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
My publisher (through Costco) is nice too, but I really like to make my own hard back cover and you can't do that there.

Mypublisher.com allows you to make hardbacks & even dustcovers (with photos) if you like. It's my favorite because you download software and do the work on your PC. -- rather than uploading photos to a web site and doing the work there. I like working on my own time & not risking me doing something dumb like close a browser window which would make me lose a lot of my work.

Karenn
02-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Mypublisher.com allows you to make hardbacks & even dustcovers (with photos) if you like. It's my favorite because you download software and do the work on your PC. -- rather than uploading photos to a web site and doing the work there. I like working on my own time & not risking me doing something dumb like close a browser window which would make me lose a lot of my work.

Really? So I could put my pictures on the actual hard cover? With the software I had I could only put my pictures on the dust cover or get a linen cover that had a cut out opening for my picture. I'd love it if I could get one of my pictures to be the actual cover!

PearlsMom
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
I love http://www.mpix.com. Their quality is fantastic, prices are very good, and they ship the next day (they're in the US). I found their interface very easy to use -- you have to download software for free, but you don't risk losing your work. And you don't have to upload all your pics to the website first (like I had to with Shutterfly last time I used it) so that part is much quicker. We made hardcover books with our wedding photos on mpix and were very happy. We did the ones with full-bleed photos printed on the cover and they looked very professional. Their gift packaging is also elegant, if you want to use them as gifts. Sign up for emails from them and get regular discounts. Their background options aren't as numerous or cutesy as Shutterfly, though.