PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the BJ infant carseat adapter?

clevelander
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
I've been looking at the reviews for the double BJCC infant carseat adapter, and the few out there are pretty poor for the most part. Does anyone on this board have one (or have seen one in person)? I'd love to hear any additional comments. Even if it isn't the greatest, in the cold Ohio winters it is so nice not to have to wake the baby or take them out of the warm carseat for quick errands. Thanks!

lareigna
02-23-2010, 12:25 PM
I almost never use the carseat and my BJCC at the same time, but I discovered the other day that my Snugride will sit securely in my BJCC using just the bumper bar.

Kymberley
02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I have it, and I've used it a handful of times. I can see it being useful and I've never had a problem with it. On the occaisions that I have needed it, I was very glad to have it. Now, though, I put DS in the stroller or I carry him if we are walking around. I don't know if I've helped you at all, but if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them if I can.

clevelander
02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I have it, and I've used it a handful of times. I can see it being useful and I've never had a problem with it. On the occaisions that I have needed it, I was very glad to have it. Now, though, I put DS in the stroller or I carry him if we are walking around. I don't know if I've helped you at all, but if you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them if I can.

Kymberley, is it much heavier or more awkward to fold once the car seat adapter is secured onto it? Also, can the baby sit in the seat without the car seat once the adapter is installed? Thanks in advance!

arivecchi
02-23-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=340282&highlight=baby+jogger+car+seat+adapter

clevelander
02-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Thank you for the link!

Kymberley
02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Kymberley, is it much heavier or more awkward to fold once the car seat adapter is secured onto it? Also, can the baby sit in the seat without the car seat once the adapter is installed? Thanks in advance!

The metal is really light, so it doesn't add to the weight of the stroller when installed. I used to leave it on when folded, but it does stick out and it adds length to the stroller when folded, and it makes it a smidge awkward to fold, but IMO, it's not that big of a deal. It's super easy to install/uninstall, so I've never had DS in it when the bar is on, but I would think that it would be cumbersome to put DC in the stroller with it attatched. All in all, if you can find a good deal on it, I'd think it'd be useful especially if you have a sleeping infant that you don't want to wake. HTH!

clevelander
02-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Thank you!!

jacksmoma
02-23-2010, 05:28 PM
i posted that review of the double adaptor- DON"T get it, it's horrible! so huge, heavy and just weird. if the ability to pop in the car seat is super important to you, go with a diff. stroller- the bumbleride indie twin comes INCLUDED with the adaptor!!! the 2009's on are big sale right now, i have the indie single and love that thing! it is a lot lighter than the bj's....

arivecchi
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I live in Chicago and I use two Valco footmuffs with my 2009 BJCCD in the winter (I also use the rain cover if it is really windy). I never felt like I needed the car seat adapter. Then again, I can walk to most places. When we did use the car seat, I had the baby in his Patagonia fleece bunting and quickly transferred him to the baby carrier. Just so that you know you have other options. I'd rather spend the $$$ on the footmuff. :)