PDA

View Full Version : Shipping from USA to CND?

soontobe
02-22-2010, 10:52 PM
I really really want to send a Step 2 water table to my neices in Toronto. I live in the states, any ideas for me pretty please:) free shipping would be even better:loveeyes::bowdown:

THANKS!!!!

MontrealMum
02-22-2010, 11:28 PM
You're probably better off posting this in the lounge, rather than here in OhCanada! since you're shipping FROM the US TO Canada. Americans are likely to be more familiar with their shipping options than Canadians are.

That said, I know that shipping FROM Canada it's much more expensive via FedEx or UPS, though it might not be as fast. Again, no idea if that holds true for the other way, which is what you're planning on doing. There's also DHL to consider (no idea about their rates) but I know they're not as big in the US as elsewhere. I *think* there's another smaller company based out of the Midwest but I cannot remember their name for the life of me.

As someone who *receives* packages from the US here in Canada, in terms of duties/taxes assessed it's much cheaper for the recipient if it's mailed USPS. UPS charges astronomical handling fees, and IIRC (I almost never use them) FedEx does as well. Also, if the person that you're shipping this table to is not at home, if it's shipped by USPS (delivered by CanadaPost on this end), it will be held at their local postal station for 10 days. If it's shipped by FedEx or UPS they either have to be there on attempt nos. 2/3, or drive out to the facility to pick it up. So, USPS can be more convenient for the recipient.

bubbaray
02-22-2010, 11:31 PM
So, you want to buy them a table and send it to Canada or you have a table (your own?) that you want to send to them? Either way, shipping and duty are going to be prohibitive, esp. if you send via a company that charges brokerage fees (UPS and FedEx both do).

I think your best bet if you own one is to sell it and send them the money to buy a new one in Canada. That will work out cheaper than shipping anything that large across the border.

mom2binsd
02-23-2010, 01:46 AM
There is no way it would make any sense to ship anything that big to Canada...it would be more than the item is worth.

Do they not sell them in Canada??? I'd just send them the $$$ or if you can order it from a Canadian company and have it shipped to them (but be prepared, companies in Canada don't generally have the great shipping deals like we have here!)

mikeys_mom
02-23-2010, 02:22 AM
If you want to order it rather than send them money to buy it themselves, I would try some of the local Canadian companies;

Toys r US Canada has a few Step 2 water tables
http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp?fbc=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUSCA%2F2567269&f=PAD%2FBrand+Name+Secondary%2FStep+2&kw=&fbn=Brand+Name+Secondary%7CStep+2&view=all

Costco.ca also sometimes carries the Step 2 watertable, but I don't see it listed online at the moment.

I agree with all the PP's that it does not make sense to ship that from US to Canada.