PDA

View Full Version : Ice Dance spoiler

bubbaray
02-23-2010, 12:54 AM

Gold: Virtue & Moir
Silver: Davis & White
Bronze: the Russians (in kinda weird bondage costumes)

Wow, well. Davis & White were stunning, but Virtue and Moir, well the CTV commentators said they melted the ice. I think that is the best description. Such passion and grace. Virtue must come from a strong ballet background b/c her hands are just stunning. I didn't know that they have been skating together since he was 9, she was 7.

mom2binsd
02-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Melissa, I knew you'd post right away!!!!

The medal ceremony made me want to get out of bed and stand up and sing O Canada (but DS was asleep on me)....

To see Tessa and Scott so exuberant and especially Scott just overjoyed really makes me appreciate the spirit of the Olympics and their joy in competing and making everyone in Canada proud!

Meryl and Charlie were also phenomenal, their program and how they present themselves is just beautiful.

I'm so impressed with how all of the skaters tonight were gracious, well spoken and seemingly pleased for one another.

And for once, no complaints about the judging...where was this system when ShaeLynn Bourne and Victor Kratz were competing????

codex57
02-23-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm so impressed with how all of the skaters tonight were gracious, well spoken and seemingly pleased for one another.

And for once, no complaints about the judging...where was this system when ShaeLynn Bourne and Victor Kratz were competing????

The Italians and Russians (shocker) weren't too pleased with the results.

Roni
02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
I would have liked to see Tanith & Ben on the podium, too, but it was a great final. That was the best medal ceremony I've ever seen. I'm a very patriotic American, but the rousing rendition of O Canada by Virtue & Moir and most of the audience was so cool. (I'm not sure if it's because my grandmother was Canadian that I felt that way, but I think any objective viewer had to smile at the joy in that arena.)