PDA

View Full Version : Another bike WWYD...

WatchingThemGrow
02-23-2010, 11:03 PM
DD is happily riding her Hotwalk balance bike. Enter little brother, 2.5, totally wanting to take over the Hotwalk. DD is turning 4 in a few months, about 41" and loving all things pink.

She's still liking the balance bike idea, and I'm interested in the Float. She likes the pink one, but says she'll be okay with the blue one as long as we "decorate it with some pinkness" like tassels and maybe a basket. O_mom was helping me in Annie's thread, and I just want to make a long range plan. Does this sound like it would work?

Here's what I was thinking...summer 2010 DD(4)-16" float as a balance bike, DS1(2.5)-Hotwalk,
summer 2011 DD(5) - 16" float with pedals, DS1(3.5) Hotwalk
summer 2012 DD (6) - a new 20" pink bike DS1 (4.5) Float with or w/o pedals DS2(3) Hotwalk

I never plan stuff out like this (I don't think) but we have no garage and I don't know if I can deal with having a larger inventory of small bikes in our tiny shed. WWYD with three DC close together and no space to store lots of little bikes? I can get great 2nd hand bikes (w/training wheels) my friend's bike shop gets in on trade, but part of me likes the idea of buying one new (hopefully discounted) bike that has the option of letting the DC keep on balancing before adding pedals. Any advice appreciated!