PDA

View Full Version : D'oh

SnuggleBuggles
02-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I am changing my previous b to a new one because I think 1/ day is enough. I managed to do something far more worthy of complaining about though. It's against me. I got locked out of the house and car today. I was leaving to get ds1 from school and didn't check for my keys before I closed the door to the house. Got down to the car and no keys. D'oh, right? Gets worse.

I called the school to say I'd be late (yay for having my phone!). After a few minutes of thinking I remembered that I have spare keys with someone so called them to bring them over. Great!

Get the keys, get ds2 buckled, and out of curiosity I decided to check the garage door. It was unlocked. I could have gotten into the house. I have no idea why I didn't check it. I was just sure it was locked.

Dolt slap for sure. I feel real bad for the person who brought me keys and I do not think I will confess.

Beth

KathyN115
02-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Sorry! but glad everything worked out in the end.

A few weeks ago, I locked my entire purse in my car at Old Navy. I had no phone, nothing! Thankfully, they let me use their phone, I had to call my Mom, she used her extra key to my house to get my extra car keys, then brought them up to me. So embarassing!

edurnemk
02-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't feel too bad about it. About 18 months ago I locked myself out of the car, at Millenium Park in Chicago. Purse, diaper bag, phone, stroller. Everything was in the car and I was left standing in the parking lot with a hungry 7 month old baby on a hot summer day... I was meeting friends, so I went to the spot where we were meeting, my friend arrives and her cell phone had just died. I pressed the assitance button in the parking lot and after a loooong while they gave the number of a locksmith. When a second friend finally arrived she lent me her phone and we finally called the guy who opened the car in 5 seconds and charged me $65. The whole thing took like 2 hours.

I never told DH, especially since the IL's were arriving 2 days later to visit and I knew DH would probably tell them about the episode.